Why does my website so big

• recep
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • recep
  • Loc: www.loanus.info

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello friends, l am making searches on google about how to index it and l see its size it to large and l think its a negative side for my website for crawlers and it lower my site rate.
As you can see http://www.google.com.tr/search?hl=tr&q=site%3Abigphp.net&btnG=Google%27da+Ara&meta= the size of my pages around 145 and l didnt like it, l made search about other populer wordpress blogs on net, l found many blogs have same features as mines but have lots off images and lots of google adsense codes too but their sizes are around 45 -75 kb and mines are 145 kb, l dont understand how to solve this problem.
wish some1 advice me.
thanks..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe the page is that big??
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The labels/tags/etc seem to be your biggest contributer to filesize.

The first thing you need to focus on is your tag cloud, labels area, or whatever you choose to call it there on the right. The part with a bunch of variable-sized words pointing to search.

The HTML for that section alone is roughly 32KB, much of it is wastfull markup. Here are a few things that can be done to bring that down.

Re-evaluate your tags.
That's an awful lot of tags, you should be able to combine a lot of them into common groups & reduce the number of tags on the page. Perhaps limit the number displayed to the XX most popular if they're coltrolled by visitors.

Remove the website address from the "href" of the links, so that only the resource remains.
The browser & crawlers will remember where they are.
A quick find/replace of "http://www.bigphp.net" knocked 4KB off of that section alone.
The same can be applied to the "Categories" section & other areas on the page that use labels.
Code: [ Select ]
<a href="http://www.bigphp.net/tag/failure"

<a href="/tag/failure"

Remove the "title" attribute.
The font-size should be clue enough for visitors & as-is adds no benefit for crawlers.
title="8 topics"

Look into the "id", "class", & "style" attributes & work out a more efficient way they can be used.
id="tag-link-478" class="st-tags t2" style="font-size:4.22pt; color:#b5b5b5;"

Consider dropping the tag cloud altogether.
Monitor the traffic going through it & see if it's enough to justify keeping it around. Hopefully someone can chime in about the effects this might have on SEO, because I'm not entirely sure.
  • recep
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • recep
  • Loc: www.loanus.info

Post 3+ Months Ago

how can l reconfigure them? can u tell me now?
  • bilhasry4you
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bilhasry4you

Post 3+ Months Ago

tell me what kind of web technology u use?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts