Widely distributed font(s) similar to handwriting

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think chicken scratch, somthing you'ld scribble on a postit note.

I'm trying to decide on a font that's close to that, but it needs to be a default font already found on alot of systems.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Script? I have it in my fonts and I never meddled with that folder... other than install ONE font (InkTank)...

Comic Sans MS?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thinking about going with Comic Sans MS at the moment.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like segoe print
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Comic Sans MS.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before you employee Comic Sans would you please gouge my eyes out?

I keed, I keed. :lol:
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is comic sans available on the mac? At the moment I'm thinking it requires a word install to show up on the mac. If its not for body copy would you consider something like sIFR?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want it for the two places that appear taped on in this screenshot. It will be a fairly small usage.

I've been leaning towards Comic Sans because it was in the safe list at Typesetter. I don't know how accurate that list is, but they do have a Windows list and a Mac list.

Here's what my OS usage looks like, realisticly I need to be looking at whether it's available on Linux as much as I do Mac.
Code: [ Select ]
1.  Windows 76.61% 
2.  Linux   12.66%
3.  Macintosh   10.26%
4.  (not set)   0.21%
5.  FreeBSD 0.21%
6.  SunOS   0.05%
  1. 1.  Windows 76.61% 
  2. 2.  Linux   12.66%
  3. 3.  Macintosh   10.26%
  4. 4.  (not set)   0.21%
  5. 5.  FreeBSD 0.21%
  6. 6.  SunOS   0.05%
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kind of wonder the legal implications of @import the font file for say the new vista fonts like segoe print.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love the new theme joe.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if the areas are that small, why not just use pixels or an image of the word. Comic Sans, really doesn't look like chicken scratch. And it's really ugly. I was reading somewhere else that it's the one font to stay away from :) Just my thoughts. Good luck.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah wrote:
Well if the areas are that small, why not just use pixels or an image of the word. Comic Sans, really doesn't look like chicken scratch. And it's really ugly. I was reading somewhere else that it's the one font to stay away from :) Just my thoughts. Good luck.

I don't think that it would be possible to use images for that. The date and number of posts posted (comments) are automatically generated by the program.

Also, Comic Sans MS isn't that bad. It's readable and doesn't hurt or anything. Nice font. Why do you say that it is bad?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
zaiah wrote:

I don't think that it would be possible to use images for that. The date and number of posts posted (comments) are automatically generated by the program.

Also, Comic Sans MS isn't that bad. It's readable and doesn't hurt or anything. Nice font. Why do you say that it is bad?

I must agree that I don't like comic sans very much from a design point of view ... If you look at many of the "cheap" types of flyers and stuff you get in the mail etc, they all use comic sans ... not saying that it's a badly designed font, but it has just been over used ... but then again, which font is available on all platforms which looks like handwriting?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks grinch.

I'm starting to change things too fast & I'm really getting a mess on my hands. Think I'll let Comic Sans ride in those two small spots while I take a step back from the theme for a few days.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts