Wordpress Tutorial

• rdurham
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I am looking for anyone who can help me understand how to make a website using Wordpress and finding free plugins. I would like to intergrate Adsense and maybe even Amazon for earnings.

I own the domain name 1600-PennsylvaniaAvenue and would very much like to create an auto-blog about the White House, President Obama, polictics, etc, that updates with new content daily.

If you can offer any suggestions or help, I would be very greatful to you.

Regards,
Ron
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really best way is to get a test one and start your google fu, most abilities are done via plugins which can be done via the site. I don't think there is a one page tutorial for wordpress unless u get a wordpress education book. Just research what your trying to do and apply some logic and you will find it is easy to change things.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like you're using goDaddy's website tonight (maybe as a holder for the time being?)

You can install wordpress through GD's control panel (my applications) to start with.

There are a lot of free plugins that will be in the wordpress admin panel to help you set up most things. I've done a few WP sites and usually just hard code in the adsense ads because it gives more control about placement, etc.

(just a note, not sure if that is a website tonight template and/or if it can be used with WP, but if that background photo is free use, then you could replace the wp theme bg with it. Right now even your site's name showing up in the browser tab is "My Site" and shows as much in the social share buttons on your page when clicked on).
  • rdurham

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Sherma. I appreciate you taking time to repond to me tonight.

Likewise Zealous, thank you for the information on wordpress. I still need to figure out how to get a Wordpress Theme (hopefully free) in place.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once you get WordPress set up, installing a theme is very easy.

There are a lot of free themes out there, but I would advise against using the word "Free" as a search word when looking for them. Just using 'wordpress themes" (or wordpress templates), etc, you will find some good sites that offer both premium and free themes.

I've seen a lot of dishonest sites that will take copies of licensed themes & templates and remove all of the developer's info and not only replace it with their logo & link back in the footer, but some of them will also embed malware and/or other links all through it using base 64.

Good luck!
  • rdurham

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Sherma, you've been very helpful to me, and Happy New Year.
  • Anny_chai
  • Born
  • Born
  • Anny_chai

Post 3+ Months Ago

Godaddy 's domain have sometime coupons code will save.
  • StephenPerkins
  • Born
  • Born
  • StephenPerkins

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Yes, WordPress would be the better choice as it is certainly more SEO oriented or user friendly than its counterpart. WordPress is ideal for constructing a website as it provides many SEO plug-ins and themes among a host of other features. It is a free open source blogging tool that offers Content management systems based on Php and MySql. A few other features I appreciate are:
It is free because it is licensed under GPL v2 (GNU license)
It can be used in an offline mode installed web server locally
Easy to customize
Mobility
Data Security
Ease of Use
For more detailed information related to WordPress you should refer simplewebsitetutorials.
  • Mollywhite
  • Mollywhite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wordpress is a wonderful choice for you to design a website with ease.
better for SEO, and there are lots of themes and plugins for you to use.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts