wrap textarea in NE 7

• RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anybody know how to force a textarea to wrap the text in Netscape 7? Setting the attribute wrap="soft" works for old netscape and IE does it by default, but the wrap attribute doesn't seem to have any effect in NE7 or Mozilla 1.4 at least in this instance (even wrap="hard" didn't do it) .

I'm adding a textarea to the bottom of my pages with the link for that page to encourage people to link, but it creates an ugly horizontal scrollbar in NE7 because my domain name is so long. I've added a button that will select the text and make it easier to copy, but I'd still like to get rid of that scrollbar.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good question. I just loaded Netscape 7 up and viewed your site and I get the same results. I also tested Ozzu's textarea boxes and the same thing happens as on your page if I do not introduce any spaces in the text. I also checked another site of mine and I get the same results. Hopefully someone else knows, because I sure do not.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, so far all I am finding are links which says that Netscape 6 had this bug and it was not fixed in Netscape 7. So I am not sure if there is a work around for this or what.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll keep looking but I'm not finding much either :(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts