XHTML validation error. Having trouble correcting it!

• kwubi
  • Born
  • Born
  • kwubi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please help! I am trying to validate a strict xhtml file..I've fixed all the other errors and my last problem lies in the <dd> and <dt>.
Ex:

Quote:
Line 79, Column 13: document type does not allow element "dd" here
<dd>with light cream cheese spread, french roll and oven-roasted potat…

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
I am very confused. I've already fixed the 'color="green"' to 'span style="color:green"'. This is in a <dt> tag within a whole <d1> tag (both of which I've never heard of and can't find much info on but it seems to do with certain lists) so I made a CSS attribute

Whats really odd to me is that this is the 2nd htm file that is part of 2 more with the same elements and tags (just different info within the elements and tags). I've already validated the first one and it had no issues with these tags..and everything looks equivalent to me...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post