• Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you had a cool logo, just like google`s, it would be fine. But I suggest a portal type website for what you`re trying to do.

Why on earth the first menu link is "en espanol"? that link should be in the other side of the menu.

I have just got to the about houston page. WOW.
it looks so "cool" that I almost didn`t see that 15 row-span link. way bad for search engines.
Plus, where did the navigation menu go? can`t I see the page in spanish anymore?

You should really try to change the aspect of your website pages too, not only your homepage.
I mean, compare your about page (http://1stophouston.com/houston.htm) with this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston,_Texas. You have to improve your page to look better, have more info than people can find in wiki if you want them to stick to your website, not wikipedia.

Your website should, maybe, and probably will have a lot of different web pages. I am lost. I have no idea where I am. Well I know... I`m in the about page, but i have no idea how to get back to where I was.(And I do not want to use the browser`s back button)

I just reached the news page. and hell:( I missed about the latest 5 news because I wasn`t fast enough to hover that box with javascript effects. the national news page seems better. only if I could be able to start again the rotation of the news without going with my mouse all the way out to the top of the page. You should stop the sliding effect only when the visitor hovers the title.

Page styles change from page to page. Try to keep the same design in each and every page of the website.

I do not think houstonians would be proud of what you did with the website.

You seriously must redesign the website.
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its a good idea,, and these potential of making some good money with it, but you need to make it feel more comftabl... i mean looks pretty plain.. ad a verity of colours,. its not easy to navigate which is most important, your dont want your visitors to get lost then leave your page..

good luck
  • tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your recent replies i will try to make some changes!
  • Anaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

One major issue is compatibility with mac os x's Safari browser. It looks like you have some sort of an onclick event that is forcing Safari to reload the page every time I click on the search box preventing me from being able to type a search query.

I would also recommend that you use vertical bars (|) between your links, it just makes it easier to read.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it, i dont really think that alot needs changed, exept that everything is in the middle and nothing around the outside, it seems like somthing is missing. plain simple designs work well but i think that this design is TOO simple. good luck with it.
  • tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks you guys for your comments i will take all comments in consideration to help my site and good luck with your ventures as well!
  • tarikdw1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tarikdw1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your help!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers