• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks pretty good for me. code could use a little bit of work and the images need to be smoothed for the sides so the edges aren't so jagged but, it looks really nice. I've had the pleasure of reviewing a lot of good sites today. To make it a little more manageable, I'd load the CSS out of another file, instead of incorporating it with every element. The first time I loaded it, the text loaded before the images and looked very messy for a couple seconds.. I don't know what could be done about this, probably provide a background color for the table cells.. that should help so that you don't end up with people loading the page and freaking out when the images take a while to load. This also brings up, I don't know how big the images are but they did take a while to load so, you may look into some optimizing on the images to get them down to size without compromising quality too much. Nice job though, a unique, fresh look.
  • tonytriana
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tonytriana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design, but for some reason the first picture looks a little pixeled, like it was streched out.
  • boiselifer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Boise of course. =)

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can make a seperate .CSS file to define object properties instead of in the tag itself.

I think this will probably help you: http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/styleshee ... ction.html
  • boiselifer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, I see it now, my bad. but also, you could make more be in there if you're making a lot of pages look the same.
Code: [ Select ]
<div id="logo" style="position:absolute; width:200px; height:22px; z-index:10; top: 40px; left: 32px;">

you could take all of
Code: [ Select ]
style="position:absolute; width:200px; height:22px; z-index:10; top: 40px; left: 32px;
and put it in the style sheet instead.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good scalable site

I like the image you used, but, does it really describe what your site is about? I think it's a golf info site. If that's the case try to find a better photo that depicts a more obvious image of golf.

Also the text running across the image is hard to read.

Don't forget your meta data!

Instead of using so many "&nbsp;" try to use div tags to set up the correct spaces, it would make your code alot cleaner.

I wish I could comment more, but there isn't much more content to comment on! So good luck with the rest.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok well this is pretty good apart fromt he fact that i cant read it because it is in a differnet language. but yeah it is small and suits it well.

very nicely done

-Sycofi5h
  • boiselifer
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for your comments! They help tons.

Just a few things that maybe I should have pointed out up front:

1) The images are for placement only. IE-the "CREATAS" is not part of the images, but a copyright mark from the company. Once an image is chosen that of course will not be there and the image will be of a higher quality.

2) Someone pointed out that they did not understand the language. Lorem Ipsum is a standard filler text, sometimes called "greeking" so that will also be replaced with content appropriate text.

3) The website is for a "lifestyle type timeshare experience" type opportunity, not necessarily just golf. Rather than go into great detail, I will just keep posting the site updates here as it progresses.

4) There were a few comments regarding the CSS code used that could be fixed. I will look into that. I am not sure how to do it better yet, but will look at it closer and fix the issues.

From what I have gathered, it mostly sounds like the code could be tightened up a bit.

Thanks again everyone!! 8)
  • ausmeister
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ausmeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

Links need some kind of rollover action to indicate they are active (edit, just noticed they go green, but barely discernible.. use an underline or border or something...!)

image as you've explained needs work

Lorem ipsum text should be justfied, and have a larger leading (all doable with css)

Perhaps change font as well.

Word of warning on the curved sides.. might not look the best due to compression issues with jpeg.. only really good if use lossless gifs, so might need some extra divs (or cells if using tables) to acheive this.
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could improve the pages more if you stay with one style. I like the green version better:

http://www.nootgroup.com/grc.testsite/c ... s_test.htm

See the left side works better, text looks better... the picture on the main page doesn't fit well to me? Good luck! Good start!

have fun!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers