SITE REVIEW: 1timeuser

• gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.1timeuser.com let me no what you think people.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is your website about? Is it your personal blog? It looks like you just have a random collection of thoughts and articles posted there, along with some google adwords.

It looks like people can join your site? Why would they want to join? What incentives or benefits would joining give them?

The design could also use some work. It looks very simplistic. ...but not in the nice way that Google does - they have an elegance about their simplicity. The color scheme looks fairly primitive on your site, and the numerous side bars (the leftmost and rightmost columns) make the site look cluttered.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not Bad although it doesnt have too many design elements. I would look into having a little more color contrast. Right now its all similar in color and with all that content I dont get anything to focus on. You need to think about how you want the final user to view your site and how you want their eye to move on the page then make the more important areas need to stand out.

Its a little tiring to look at the site right now.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site needs work, like others said there is no incentive to join your site and there are no design elements...both of which are critical to the success of your site.

The articles on the front page also need to be cut down in length.

And for some reason, the java applet in the chat section made FF freeze.

Good luck.
  • myles7897
  • Born
  • Born
  • myles7897
  • Loc: Huntington Beach, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

you need to be more clear on what your website is or does. i once saw a box of recent post that scrolled to show more post, you might what to look into that. also you can veiw the member page with out loging in.

An OK website.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok well for a start the "articals " on the front page are acctually the news posts from the forums. and the point of the site is exactly that to be a devlopment and discusion area for homebrew gamers, it is also going to be the release place for homebrew releases from big homebrew game devlopers such as ZION, MEXICANSNAKE and the newly formed team pandamonium which are coders from the gaming network DCemu.

but thanks for the comments people and i will looking into some more colour and the problems with the IRC.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh, so that's what the site is for! You should definitely add a sentence explaining that somewhere on the main page. Even an "About" link in the top menu bar would be helpful. ...but if someone just goes to the page, they have no idea what it's about.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh ok then fair enough, thankyou i will deffinatly see about putting an "about" link up on the top of the page. thankyou.
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

that even isnt a site.. its a script...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago