SITE REVIEW: 365snap

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen a lot of my friend start 365 sets on their flickr account (Take a picture a day for 1 year). I thought it would be cool to make a web page that would display these sets in a calender like fashion.

So here I present you http://365snap.com

Right now I'm just looking for general style review/concept. Don't look at the source >< Its quite ugly because I through this site together over the weekend.

Here is a view of the a 365 set http://365snap.com/travis.person (this is not mine, its one of my friends photo sets)

There are a few things I've notice and I think I know a way to fix them, one is there is quite a bit of load time. Mainly this has to do with a small caching problem and the way I loop through some of the images.

The sign ups are quite simple, you simply select a username, enter your flickr email and the date that your project started on. The next page shows you all the photo sets you have on your account and all you have to do is select one. Your all done and you can view the photo set from the URL that is displayed at the end.

All reviews are welcome!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colour scheme fits very well for a photo-gallery-style page. And the layout itself is very simple, so nothing much to comment on there.

Also, currently I can only view photos by month. It would be nice to have other options such as a weekly or quarterly view.

You could also give a choice of colour scheme so that each user could have his own "personalised" album.

You should also replicate the "alt" attribute of the image into the "title" attribute so that the description pops up when the mouse hovers over it.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea but is it possible to do this without a flickr account? Maybe using something like facebook also why can I not look around the site unless I make an account? Maybe you could search for people to see if they had a set?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can look into a way to make it expandable to something like facebook too. You don't need an account to look around the site. Currently their is no way to view someone elses page, but I like the idea of a search and I'll look into building one. I'm also thinking of make a "tag" cloud, but of just all the users.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it SpooF, and even more so the text "are you human?" ... I found that really funny ... good one on that ...

I also like the ease of use that I saw on that page with a user's photos on it ... it seems really easy to use ... I am going to come check in again in a while when there's a bit more that has been done and then give a proper review.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers