SITE REVIEW: 3fay.com (webmaster resources and tutorials)

• gdhanasekar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would very much appreciate a review of my site...

http://www.3fay.com/

Cheers!
Dhanasekar.G
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dominod
  • Born
  • Born
  • dominod

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice,

but remove the "place your advt" banners they look ugly. Either have a real ad or nothing if you ask me :)

Other then that - the site is clean and easy to navigate through
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is easy to navigate.Your site loads a excellent content that is use for all visitors(who loves to learn) like me.But the design looks not pretty.You want to add background colors,improve the logo,remove that advt banner or place an real one.It will be really appreciatable if you make a note on this.thanks.
  • tannas
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The navigation at the top can be overlooked easily. Try making it more prominent so visitors have no question about how to navigate through your site.
  • omar1piamba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Colombia, Neiva (Huila)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi:
I think the design is according to the theme (The site should look serious as it does)...

I liked it.

a friend from Colombia,
  • gdhanasekar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I have modified the design for http://www.3fay.com
I would very much appreciate a review of my new site...
  • locust
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

The site looks very clean, and you use color very well. The fact that you're using the red to draw people's attention to registering is smart and effective.

If it were my site, I would position the log in block on the banner somewhere. It is commonly on the top right, but not always. When I brought up the page, I have to scroll down to the log in block, which is a pain.

I'd also create some sort of logo.

Also, run a spell check, because 'Sponsers' is misspelled. It should be spelled 'Sponsors.' I'd also move the entire green Sponsors block to the right side of the page, and have the main content sandwhiched between the Subscribe block on the left, and the Sponsors block on the right.

Finally, I'd also organize my content on the Subscribe block differently. Like the Digg thing I probably wouldn't have listed as the first thing. Maybe put the log in there, that would make sense to me. And also have the rest positioned in a way where I don't have to scroll down the page before I see it, if that's possible.

Just my two cents worth.

Anyhow, as critical as I sound, it's an excellent site, and I'm not bashing it at all. I would just work on the arrangement of content and maybe create a simple logo.

Good luck!
  • gdhanasekar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

Hi locust, Thanks for your excellent review. I will make the changes as per your thoughts and let you know.Really your review is very useful for every one to attract the site visitors.

Quote:
Hello,

The site looks very clean, and you use color very well. The fact that you're using the red to draw people's attention to registering is smart and effective.

If it were my site, I would position the log in block on the banner somewhere. It is commonly on the top right, but not always. When I brought up the page, I have to scroll down to the log in block, which is a pain.

I'd also create some sort of logo.

Also, run a spell check, because 'Sponsers' is misspelled. It should be spelled 'Sponsors.' I'd also move the entire green Sponsors block to the right side of the page, and have the main content sandwhiched between the Subscribe block on the left, and the Sponsors block on the right.

Finally, I'd also organize my content on the Subscribe block differently. Like the Digg thing I probably wouldn't have listed as the first thing. Maybe put the log in there, that would make sense to me. And also have the rest positioned in a way where I don't have to scroll down the page before I see it, if that's possible.

Just my two cents worth.

Anyhow, as critical as I sound, it's an excellent site, and I'm not bashing it at all. I would just work on the arrangement of content and maybe create a simple logo.

Good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers