SITE REVIEW: 7casas.com

• 7casas
  • 7casas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I am creating a real estate database website for spain and I need advice on the design I have made the front page. I need a review on the design not the usability so just forget about the text (there is nothing interesting anyway)

Does it give the impression that it is something serious?
what about the color combination? and the map colors?
what about the menu design?

http://www.7casas.com/sitepoint.php

note:if you want to get some results from the search select Valencia in provincia list

Please don't say just "I like it" but tell me how to improve the website.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) The buttons "Inicio", "Favoritos", "Foros de debate" and "Ayuda" could have another font, and maybe even be a .gif file with a onMouseover effect...
2) The page fits in a 800 screen... Great! But that means you can center the main table...
3) Why do you have two buttons "Foros de debate"? Eso me parece que esta demas...
4) Shouldn't the text say "Elija Provincia" instead of "Elije Provincia"?
5) Maybe you could invent something so that the two navigation columns (on the right and left) get a bit longer. A vertical navigation menu that is too short visually speaking, gives the idea of a short website... ;)

All in all, a properly done job! CONGRATULATIONS! :)
  • 7casas
  • 7casas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you abelius for all the feedback.

Quote:
1) The buttons "Inicio", "Favoritos", "Foros de debate" and "Ayuda" could have another font, and maybe even be a .gif file with a onMouseover effect...

I'll test with other font, and see if i get a better result, never thought about it...

Quote:
2) The page fits in a 800 screen... Great! But that means you can center the main table...

I tried it, It looks great for the first page, because I have two vertical columns. but in the rest of pages I keep only the left one, and it doesnt look good centered.

Quote:
3) Why do you have two buttons "Foros de debate"? Eso me parece que esta demas...

You are right, button will be removed.

Quote:
4) Shouldn't the text say "Elija Provincia" instead of "Elije Provincia"?

Well I guess that you know some spanish, you can say "Tu elija" or "Usted elije", the second one is more polite.

Quote:
5) Maybe you could invent something so that the two navigation columns (on the right and left) get a bit longer. A vertical navigation menu that is too short visually speaking, gives the idea of a short website...

I can't agree more... you got me brain storming now. I have to get a solution for this one.

Thanks
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, one down... 9999 more to go... :)
  • BravoGolf
  • BravoGolf
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, but it flickers a lot in Opera....Otherwise, apart from what the others said, the map mouseover event is nice :o
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main thing I see that should be "fixed" or changed, is the menue on the left, the titles for each of the three sections.. It looks like the titles are too sqwuished in, maybe make the box they are in only a few pixels bigger.

Other then that, the site looks pretty good. :)
  • Digitelle
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: BRKLYN-NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very professional. It definitley gives the impression of a professional company good layout easy to navigate.

When I rollover the states of spain, the graphic jumps up and down, meaning when I roll over a state the name of the state pops in above the map, but the map moves down, then bounces up when I mouse out. maybe you could place the map in a <div> with an absolute position.
  • akmalbd
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice this site..helpfull..
  • PeterFlikweert
  • Born
  • Born
  • PeterFlikweert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe it's better to turn all black colors into dark grey.
I think you have to make the menuheaders a little smaller

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers