SITE REVIEW: AARecon.com

• Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like some comments on AARecon.com. I have just recently finished getting everything so that we can launch the website.

Its a project in the making however and there is still a lot im going to be adding.

Pages we change on a regular basis are all db driven; Main, News, Files, Donations, staff. I will end up making the rest editable as time goes on but for right now it will work as it is.

Enough with the rambling. tell me what you dislike or like about it.

http://www.aarecon.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• moneyjo2
  • Born
  • Born
  • moneyjo2
  • Loc: Moscow

Post 3+ Months Ago

White letters on a black background not well
The top figure should be copied in a binary mode - poorly
  • craigk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

No problems noted. Site seems well laid out and links are working.
  • winsonlu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • winsonlu

Post 3+ Months Ago

The black background is not well. I think I feel it just needs some more color, and possibly header work; not very impressive. You also need a Doctype in the head of your page.
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Which backround? The table background or the back background(not sure what thats called =P) If i have a doctype the css doesnt validate, and parts arent recognised in a few browsers. If you have another fix for that, I would be happy to know but so far thats all I have found.
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Evrything looks good and links are working. The logo in the header looks too grainy and the banner is too dark and grainy as well. Looks decent overall!
  • MODerationSQUAD
  • Born
  • Born
  • MODerationSQUAD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, like the content so far. Looks like you have some regs enjoying the space and using it well! Unlike someone else who replied, I actually like the white type on black background... maybe because it's a bit different than what I'm used to. The logo on the right could be brighter, unless you are going for the washed-out look which is good too. Cool work, thanks for sharing!

Shawna
ForumModeration.com
  • aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't like the site colors much. Wasn't inviting enough for me to spend time browsing. I would suggest adding something... a eye catching banner at the top ? colors? if you like the black and white, maybe some grey for contrast?
The A*A red blue is not a very nice graphic ... I just closed the browser and went my merry way. Sorry. :roll:
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback. I would have responded sooner but was on vacation. I think I'm going to change from white text to more of a grey. The reason it's so dark is becuase its an Army game and most of the target users like the dark idea. As for the A*A logo, you can bring that up with the makers of the game =P. Unless you are refering to how I used it in the banner.
  • sogua
  • sogua

Post 3+ Months Ago

the theme looks good but i think the font a bit small. make it bigger. and the navigation bar is not tat obvious make it slightly obvious then it'll be perfect!
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The header loads a bit slow ( maybe on my computer ) but the banner is not that attractive. Although , the background looks pro and colors used a eye-soothing. It would be better to give some cell spaces between the navigation and the header and increasing font size of the navigation by 1px. Otherwise , the site looks good and seems to have a dedicating staff.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers