SITE REVIEW: Action games

• bewise
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there
I submit this site for review, its my first site and I don't know what is right and what is wrong. Thanks in advance for your time.http://www.action-games-download.com
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly the w3c validator found 65 errors in your HTML coding ... Click here to view them ... If you get the character-encoding error, go to http://validator.w3.org , then you shold open your website, rightt-click>view source, then remove all the extra line breaks, and paste it into the "direct input" box and check it there.

In the nav-bar up top you may want to disable the rollover of the page that the user is on, for example if I am on the "home" page, the "home rollover should be disabled and the "home" text should be another colour, for the user to know on which page he/she is ...

It feels to me like you may have a few too many ads on your page, maybe just removing the top ones (right below your nav-bar) would clear that up ...

To make your images load a little quicker (I know they do already, but just saying) you can use photoshop's "save for web" functionality, which saves the image as an optimised GIF without loss of quality ...

For the contact that opens my email program, you may want to add a subject to the message ...

Then the colour scheme isn't half bad, but the white on black is a little hard on the eyes, maybe just making that white, a very light grey would sort that out ...

It would also maybe be cool if you were to add a logo image to the top of your site, but it's not absolutely necessary ..

For your first site ... Wow ... Good job, my first site wasn't nearly as good ...
  • nikmahajan
  • nikmahajan
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

bewise wrote:
Hi there
I submit this site for review, its my first site and I don't know what is right and what is wrong. Thanks in advance for your time.http://www.action-games-download.com

Sorry buddy your website can not be found. Are you updating your website or there is some technical fault. Please let me know so that I can help you.
  • howtogetrich
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • howtogetrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it, very simple and clean, i just wish your games were flash based and not have to download them. o well
  • bewise
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I want to thank to people who take a time to review my site:

Trespasser
Nikmahajan
Howtogetrich

Trespasser: your advice is very appreciated and very clever. I will check validation, of course. The lot of ads is a need of $$. Color grey is impossible because of the gifs that are not mine and are white backgrounded, I could try to soft the black in the back (maybe dark blue? what you think?). All your advice are welcome and I need a little more: how can I make it interactive? ideas?

Nikmahajan: Maybe I was in maintenance. Now you can see it. Please, be crude. Thanks in advance.

Howtogetrich: in the page ┬┤Play on line' you have flash (swf) games, the problem was a bad link (and not accurate tested by me, I know). You can check it now. Maybe I could make it the home page?

Again, thank to all of you friends. Your advice is very important to me.

ACTION GAMES DOWNLOAD
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

bewise wrote:
Trespasser: your advice is very appreciated and very clever. I will check validation, of course. The lot of ads is a need of $$. Color grey is impossible because of the gifs that are not mine and are white backgrounded, I could try to soft the black in the back (maybe dark blue? what you think?). All your advice are welcome and I need a little more: how can I make it interactive? ideas?

Yeah, blue could work well, just be sure to use the right blue to match the header's blue, or change both so that they compliment each other ... For good colour matching, I recommend this tool ... http://www.colortools.net/color_matcher.html ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh and also on the Home page ... (Well on most pages actually), there is one game up top, maybe just add a heading to it with something like ... "Featured Game" or something like that ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers