SITE REVIEW: Actress Website

• etono
  • etono

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only requirement was to make it pink. So I did. I used the Lightbox JS for the pictures. I don't think she has posted to the blog yet, so that page is pretty blank but will hopefully be filled up soon. The site is valid XHTML Transitional 1.0, the CSS file doesn't validate due to some IE hacks, but I can live with that!

http://nikoesasaki.info

I welcome any feedback
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pink. *shudder*. Now that I've gotten that out of my system, congratulations, you've made it work for the site. And congrats again, because the site scales really well. I increased the font size a couple times and the layout didn't break. That's more than I can say for my own sites. =]

The English grammar on the homepage needs cleaning up. I know it's a very sensitive topic, especially in the States, but having lived in NYC, Nikoe might want to reconsider alienating people by saying that her first-hand experience at the WTC made her realise, of all things, how much she loves acting.

Your menu text isn't vertically centred within the graphic, in case that was unintentional. Perhaps spice the menu up a little bit by adding image rollovers or something?

Good luck!
  • etono
  • etono

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the reply, the text positioning on the button was intentional, but after you bring it up, I will probably go back and vertically align the text within the buttons, you make a good point about the rollover state as well. I also noticed that with the padding on the text content the buttons aren't quite centered, so maybe I will remove the padding on the right of the content.

You are right about the text she asked me to "Americanize" her Japanese grammer, and after reading through it, it sounded fine to me, guess I am just used to broken english as my wife is Japanese. I will clean up the text though. Thank you again for reviewing the site.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey etono, you don't have to change the vertical alignment of the text in the buttons, that's up to you. There's nothing wrong with being different; in fact, it's rather welcome these days! But maybe you could do something else to the buttons to make it look intentional?
  • asheef
  • asheef

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site.i like it.

add more photos.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

in her resume it says "japanese sw'a'rd"
did you intend that to be "sword"? because sward means piece of land :p
  • Perad
  • Student
  • Student
  • Perad

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not overstruck on it, the navigation feels big and clumsy. This is while i am in 1200x1028 resolution, yeah and it gets worse when i take my resolution down. This is just my personal preference of course.

Also its a bit light on content and pictures
  • asheef
  • asheef

Post 3+ Months Ago

site seems good and to be more attractive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers