SITE REVIEW: ADD-ADHDHelp.com

• teampmg
  • teampmg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone I am looking for any help to improve my site. I am new at developing web pages so I would appreciate any suggestions.

My site is designed to offer help information and natural solutions to those with ADD, ADHD, and ODD.

What I would like to with this site:
1) Offer a quality site for the ADD community.
2) Add a few extra features that maybe haven't thought of.
3) Get alot more traffic. - Place high with search engines.

Site Address:

http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?add-adhdhelp.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

teampmg wrote:
Hey everyone I am looking for any help to improve my site.

if you want to improve your site, you must redesign your site! it looks simple for me! when i open the page firstly i am looking at your header and so i want to close the page quickly! (im sorry :( ) your font sizes are complicated,,, small, ,big ,,small,, big.......
font sizes must be fixed. and you will create a new header..you will put a new interesting picture in your header...... i m only interested in your design...
good luck!
  • Simple
  • Born
  • Born
  • Simple

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, but what really distracts me is the font, some are big, small, bold, etc. If you fix that, then your site will look great.
  • dubeeo
  • Born
  • Born
  • dubeeo
  • Loc: Northeast

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the content that you site offers but my concern is will users be able to reach all of your information. The scrolling is a pet peeve of mine since I would like for all of the information to readily available in the home page with an organized nagivation combined with scrolling text.

The consistency of the font is distracting because of its varying size within the paragraph.

Also, the color scheme that you chose for the site isn't appealing.

In terms of design, I feel that the site is too plain for ADD, ADHD, & ODD.
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

karinca wrote:
teampmg wrote:
Hey everyone I am looking for any help to improve my site.

if you want to improve your site, you must redesign your site! it looks simple for me! when i open the page firstly i am looking at your header and so i want to close the page quickly! (im sorry :( ) your font sizes are complicated,,, small, ,big ,,small,, big.......
font sizes must be fixed. and you will create a new header..you will put a new interesting picture in your header...... i m only interested in your design...
good luck!

I wonder if karinca would benefit from a site like this..? :lol:
  • marsik
  • Student
  • Student
  • marsik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Format your Code in section Head and HTML

The consistenc of font is distracting because its varying size within the paragraphs.
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyefade wrote:
I wonder if karinca would benefit from a site like this..? :lol:

funny man :lol:
  • teampmg
  • teampmg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all,

Thanks for the replys. This web design noob appreciates all the feedback. I have started implementing changes and will attempt to apply this great advice.
  • walterkilis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • walterkilis

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest a re-design because the layout and colors are very bland. Sorry to critique so heavy. This site lacks all appeal besides those seeking rudimentary information regarding ADHD.
  • absolutes
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might have changed it since the last folks reviewed, since it doesn't look so bad to me layout-wise.

The "highlighter" effect, with a different background color in the middle of a paragraph, tells me that you're either (a) new at making webpages and still playing with the toys in html or (b) selling something scammy. Who knows why, but don't all the scam websites use that? since you are in fact pretty transparently not out to educate (or at least, not _only_ out to educate) but to sell glycos, which already have a reputation for being at least a little scammy because of the pyramid sales structure, you would be better off concentrating on at least appearing objective.

Going through your content, I found exactly what I expected given that the first thing I saw on the index page was "hooray for glycos." all your information pointed to how great they are and by the way here's some we happen to sell.

Get rid of some of the bold text, "highlighted" text and seemingly unrelated images of smiling faced and sketched pill bottles. make your layout more consistant from page to page.

Oh hey, I'm not trying to be so mean. There's a lot of information here, and I read it with interest. There is some room for improvement, and once it's finished this may be a valuable resource for people who's lives are affected by these syndroms.
  • rajanmr
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Start your home with questions like "What is Add?How will you benefit from it?"

This will get good search engine traffic and also your visitors will show more interest.

I noticed that you had a free report on your web-site.I suggest you to give it as a free download for your visitors.

Ask their name and email id in a small form and send the report to their inbox.

Make use of a auto responder. This is will ensure repeated visitors for your site.

If you need further assistance PM me
  • Jump_hard
  • Jump_hard

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it it's simple clean and useful
  • teampmg
  • teampmg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, some really great suggestions. I have been making changes to the website based on the suggestions I appreciate it.

• seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well... first of all if i were you, i'd change the fonts adn text size, include a css perhapes, even work on the top banner, enhance the picture a bit and give it a bit of a better shape
  • Rod_Snyder
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Overland Park, Kansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really love the idea of your site.

First, if it were me, I would make all the fonts smaller and more uniform and use < . . . text align="justify" . . . >

I would probably choose a black or dark gray font, 12px, helvetica, arial, san serif.

The smaller font would reduce some scrolling. I see a lot of people attacking the "scrolling" issue. I don't love scrolling. I don't wake up and say, I thing I'll go for a nice scroll today.

Sometimes scrolling is necessary for pages with alot of content.

Using the anchor tags within a page (a name="---", ...) can make scrolling easier, or breaking up pages with a prev 1 2 3 next menu, i.e.

I would put more info in the disclaimer, and provide more references to your information sources just to try and stay out of trouble

I like the overall idea very much

Rod

www.bigdogarcade

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers