SITE REVIEW: addicted2labels

• addicted2
  • addicted2
  • Loc: lancashire UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just finished building my new designer clothing website http://www.addicted2labels.co.uk and was looking for your opinions on how the site looks and loads etc and any suggestions on how i could improve it!

Also, would you feel comfortable buying from the site and would you be swayed to join the mailing list.

Any help and advice would be appreciated as I am new to all this.

Many thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RossOliver
  • RossOliver

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website loads in an instant for me - nice and quick!

I also really like the design; its clean and easy on the eyes :)

Your HTML and META tags seem to be in good condition, although your keywords META may be a bit too long...

All together I like it, well done :D

-Ross
  • Jpellizzi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the color scheme, very clean. If thats what your going for cool...but the plainness of the text used for naigation compared the the text used for prices is really different - maybe they should be more similar? As a general rule, alot of graphic designers try to limit the numbers of typefaces used in a project to give some flow, or continuity. I think that at times your site feels like that items are conflicting with the structure of the site itself -

James
  • NetzzJD
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NetzzJD
  • Loc: Texas, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the design colors and page layout, very clean and professional.
the header seems to take about 10-20 sec every time I change pages (cable conn.)
Id suggest to put links to the men and women wear subcategories on the main section pages too. Dont just say "go back to the navigation".
The header is also a little too distracting.
Overall, very clean and well done.
  • digitalninja42

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice!
Yeah i really like the style you have going there. I like the colors as well. I like the navigation menu on the left side. It is easy to spot and easy to maneuver. My only grip would be since you are selling clothes, is to have the images be really good resolution. They look a little fussy on my screen. Yes you should only have them at 72 dpi but they should be nice and crisp images.

Overall good job!
  • Swerve
  • Born
  • Born
  • Swerve
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I would feel comfortable buying from your site. The animated texture at the top is a little bit distracting. Maybe have it only run a certain number of loops. The site design is very nice. From a business perspective, i would think about the content you have "under the fold." Keep in mind the shoppers that will just start clicking the navigational links before scrolling down to the bottom of the main page to see what you have wrote. (Maybe condense the para spacing of the first bulleted section so your new arrivals can get more of a spotlight on main page without a viewer having to scroll down to see it.

Just suggestions, im sure there are some on these forums that will completely disagree. I completely dig what you have going on. Good job.
  • miniRank.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • miniRank.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

addicted2 wrote:
Just finished building my new designer clothing website http://www.addicted2labels.co.uk and was looking for your opinions on how the site looks and loads etc and any suggestions on how i could improve it!

Also, would you feel comfortable buying from the site and would you be swayed to join the mailing list.

Any help and advice would be appreciated as I am new to all this.

Many thanks

The site first-time loads in about 11 second (very high speed connection in Toronto).
Loading from cache is under a second, although it takes additional few seconds for the page to be rendered fully (Firefox Beta 2).

I would be certainly more comfortable buying if there is a known SSL certificate for the site rather than the 'safer shopping', term I just saw for the first time in my life.

I'd join the newsletter although it took me a while to figure out what you'd do with my email. You should put a link on the signup form to a specific short version of your privacy agreement saying something on the lines of "we'll use your email only for sending you this newsletter and NOTHING else".

Other than this, I'd work a bit more on the graphics to make the site look a bit more 'live'.

Also, make the flash flickering a bit less distracting.

Overall: Good work
  • ominer
  • ominer

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site
  • ominer
  • ominer

Post 3+ Months Ago

well im not really big on clothes buying on the internet but if i do buy online, the online company has to be really respected, as far as the mailing list goes u should have it as an option, me personal dnt like mailing list very annoying, but your site looks very legit , very professinal and trust me i know because im one of those who have been scammed before and im picky when it comes to the internet.
  • addicted2
  • addicted2
  • Loc: lancashire UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Any further suggestions on how we could improve the site would be welcomed, we take all your comments on board and have been making some changes.

Many thanks
  • miniRank.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • miniRank.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

addicted2 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Any further suggestions on how we could improve the site would be welcomed, we take all your comments on board and have been making some changes.

Many thanks

Make the flash text sharper. Especially the navigation menu.
  • val2006
  • Born
  • Born
  • val2006
  • Loc: elkton md

Post 3+ Months Ago

great work on your website its has a great design to it the template u used looks very perfessional keep u the good job. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers