SITE REVIEW: advancedqanda.com

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I've completely rewritten an old idea previously reviewed on this site about 12-months ago so have started a new thread (hope that's OK :roll: ... it's a total rewrite). I know there are problems with IE I've yet to resolve and I haven't done any W3C validation yet but initial thoughts and feedback / ideas would be mucho appreciated.

If you spot any IE bugs please post them here.

http://www.advancedqanda.com

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

In IE6, on the homepage I get the "done, but with errors on page" thing in the bottom status bar, but I can't see any difference ...

All right something I always complain about is disabling the links of the page that a user is on, please do that, for example if a user is on the "home" page, then make the "home" link another colour and disable it so that the user can see which page he/she is on, andnot redirect to the same page over and over again
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another thing that I just saw ... on the "contact" page there is a line between the content and the footer, which looks good, I like it more than just the plain pages, maybe you could implement it on the other aswell ... (just my opinion), but then it looks as if the image goes over the line ... what does it look like when the line goes right through without the image "breaking" it?
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Righteous,

Thanks for your help :D

Quote:
if a user is on the "home" page, then make the "home" link another colour and disable it so that the user can see which page he/she is on, andnot redirect to the same page over and over again

Think i'm going to have to take that one on the chin for the moment :( but thanks for the input, i'll work on it.

Quote:
on the "contact" page there is a line between the content and the footer, which looks good, I like it more than just the plain pages,

I've added an empty paragraph, hopefully that has cured the problem :?: I'm not the design authority so haven't attempted to duplicate the same across all pages.

Quote:
"done, but with errors on page" thing in the bottom status bar, but I can't see any difference

It's a javascript error that i'm still working on :( caused by the built-in timer option on individual questions. IE is being very unforgiving :evil: and it's causing a serious problem in the backend. I'll be talking to a colleague tomorrow, but thanks for taking the time to notice.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks nice but I would change your favicon to have a transparent background, thats just my personal preference though.
  • hard4
  • Born
  • Born
  • hard4

Post 3+ Months Ago

as already stated javascript errors and it looks a little plain

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers