SITE REVIEW: Advertising Pyramid

• masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alrighty. Just finished my reviews and am hoping to get some feedback on my own site.

Not that I'm big on these types of sites but I think I've really got something here. There are so many advertising pyramids out there these days but most have a common flaw that they are illegal (any site that promises returns but leaves users holding the bag once the site collapses is illegal - at least that's my understanding).

I, however, have the TRUE Advertising Pyramid! What do you guys think?

http://www.advertisingpyramid.com
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
We are currently experiencing server difficulties. We should have it resolved shortly. Please stand by!

You actually used the word "pyramid" in the title - if there's anything to put people off...
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyefade wrote:
Quote:
We are currently experiencing server difficulties. We should have it resolved shortly. Please stand by!

You actually used the word "pyramid" in the title - if there's anything to put people off...

it doesnt work on my computer :? im sorry
  • masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Argh.. FINALLY got the site back up. If you would, I'd still be interested in any feedback you may have.

dyefade: You are very right, the use of the word 'pyramid' is.... very bad... however, I'm actually hoping to use it as a play on words. Sort of... really make a legitimate pyramid.
  • chstout
  • chstout

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the egyptian banner image, but I'm not a fan of the site concept and think it's unethical.

Having a company name, address, and phone goes a long way towards credibility.
  • masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya... I'm torn too... obviously going for a 'million dollar webpage' idea... I'm not sure I agree with it being unethical so much as... just a site that doesn't provide... real value... unless of course it becomes famous (1 in a million I know). So I see why you might say unethical but I think it's clear to people that sites like this are a long shot... and I'm definitely keeping mine legal (not promising any money or anything like that...)

Still... I have actually been thinking of turning it into an informational blog site on how to advertising on the Internet. Just a portal of knowledge. I actually get a lot of hits from people searching on 'advertising pyramid' believe it or not... perhaps could make some funds on some google ads...

thanks for the input.
  • muyaszed
  • Born
  • Born
  • muyaszed

Post 3+ Months Ago

From my opinion, submitting my website is ok but if there is a form it would be much better and fast :D
  • reddownload.com
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice
  • Johnni
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Johnni
  • Loc: Mississippi, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

masterweb wrote:
Alrighty. Just finished my reviews and am hoping to get some feedback on my own site.
http://www.advertisingpyramid.com

Well organized. I like it.

Thanks. :)
  • denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some feedback.

- I can't middle click anything in the header in firefox to open it in a new tab. The way I browse, I like to open several links on a site at once so that I can spoon through them easily. Your site doesn't allow them, and it's annoying.

- The flash header is distracting. Maybe it's the light moving along the edge of the pyramid or maybe it's the colors, but it's definitely distracting.

- The FAQ is a little short for my tastes. Most businesses tend to have hundreds of applicable questions and I don't see them here. Where's your privacy policy? Terms of Service?

- Using pyramid in your title culls up all kinds of negative press in my mind about pyramid schemes, MLM, etc.etc.

- Your blog is a good start. Play up on this as a strength!

I see lots of potential here.. just gotta add some more content and fix some of the issues.

Denis Baldwin
Marketing Manager
http://www.awardsideas.com
http://www.flexidisplay.com
http://www.awarenessideas.com
  • masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, some great feedback. Thanks all. I will be addressing each tip asap. Thanks especially to denisbaldwin for your thorough review! I appreciate you taking the time like that!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers