SITE REVIEW: AffiliateSeeking

• john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I have done a total redesign of my site. This is the 3rd total redesign since I made the site around 3 years ago. Could you please take a look to see what you think of the new design.

URL: http://www.affiliateseeking.com

Thanks!
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks pretty professional though i personally think it's too full. My whole 19" monitor is filled with it. But that's my own thinking.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why waste monitor screen space. lol.

Thanks for the comments. I know it's rather full, but I prefer to fit everything in and I must admit there are alot more sites that have more content on theirs than me. The thing that I have tried doing is to lay it out neatly and organized so that things are different sections or easy to see. With other sites you have bits here and there. Not all site obviously, but some anyway.

I would still like more comments.

Thanks!
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

That looks very nice, more professional than many of the others sites posted here, except Ecuador's, sorry. I looks like a large site, is it done. Looks fine, but truthfully it is crowded.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's waaayyyy too busy in my opinion, I don't know where to start reading first ... I also can't see the links in the top right hand corner, the colour is not good there. The w3c validator found 9 errors on your homepage, they seem very easy to sort out though ... Here is a link to those errors ...

Then please on that right hand side top menu make the link of the page that a user is on unclickable and another colour so that a user doesn't redirect to the same page again, and knows where he/she is ...
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've now sorted out the html validation errors. I have also increased the size of them top-right hand corner links.

I have not changed anything a different color and made it non clickable when someone is on that page though. Some sites do this and others do not. It will take quite a while to do it. I know I can do it, but it will mean extra coding and the use of if statements plus the checking of the urls, parsing, etc. Although it's handy to have, it will also mean alot more extra scripting, which means that the scripting could outway the advantages of having it. The more script you have the longer a page is likely to load.

Saying that, my main competitor is not using it, so I guess I should be alright.

The site is finished apart from 1 or 2 touch ups from time to time. I will still be adding different sections to it, but I can't see it ever becoming more overcrowded than what it already is. But anyway, I guess it's better to look busy rather than empty.

Still would like other peoples opinions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers