SITE REVIEW: Agrilife Studios

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey All

Here's another one. The design is pretty much set but we could use a little usability testing, and generally messing with the site to make sure it doesn't do anything unexpected. This site is in a dev environment so it doesn't have all the SEO stuff that the final will have. (I know a lot of us like to dog SEO on Flash sites). Also the contact system has been removed so you won't get anything there. Gallery content is being updated by the client so it may change from time to time.

So have at it. http://client.addsomespark.com/agrilife

By the way if you do break the site please post what you were doing, browser, browser version, Flash player version (right click on the flash content it will tell you) and OS.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually its a really nice looking site.
I have 2 comments. could you add some kind of rollover on the insert page in the lower right to seperate the buttons? also can you make the transition a little smoother when it opens?

as far as the SEO thing goes I am on the fence. Flash is sleek and it can't be reproduced in any other way. So sometimes I really think its worth it to do a straight up flash site.
  • jessre0516
  • jessre0516

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi-

I really love the layout and design of the site. Everything seems to be working fine for me and I have no problem with any of the buttons leading to the wrong place. The picture quality is amazing. I wish that our images would be as bright and crisp as yours.

One thing I did notice on the pictures is that for some of them, next to the scroll arrow, sometimes it says "next image" with the arrow and then sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure if that was intentional but I felt that I would mention it anyways.

Kudos to the photographers. They do great work!
  • drewtown
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • drewtown

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is pretty easy to use, the only thing I don't like is Working with Agrillife Studios on the bottom right. It feels like it's slapped on and doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the site. It may be what you are going for though because it definitely gets people's attention.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have anything to add, I'll just congratulate you on a good design ... Congrats!
  • lestervan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lestervan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a great Flash Website ( in Technology side ), but in business side, I think the flash is quite heavy and it takes some time to load. Also it takes so long when I click on the sample works.

I am not sure how customers like the website normally, but I myself prefer fast-loading website with portfolio part where you can attach the past works.

Hope it help and all the best to your business.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

@lestervan

Thanks for the load test. Any chance you could tell me your connection speed and relative load times for the main content and a rough avg for the images?

I think there are certainly some load time issues. Some of it will be taken care of when we move the site to the production server that gets more bandwidth but there's also the issue of training the client to compress the images in photoshop before they upload them (IE main site is 430k and some of the individual images are pushing 500k) since the site is just reading an xml file and pulling in the right image.

We were really hoping not to have to spend the time to build a predictive image preloader since the client doesn't have much budget, but I think having one would really help the experience.
  • pennylane
  • Born
  • Born
  • pennylane
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the preloader horse :) And i really love how you put the samples on the top and we can still see about us or contact us. It loads quickly, and how the images loads is just perfect.
  • tiekie
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tiekie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design and the colours you used it looks
like a real professional design A+

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers