SITE REVIEW: AHazDesigns

• AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys ive just made a new site i just want to know what you think of the layout so far. keep in mind that it is still early in its developmental stage.

http://www.ahazdesigns.com

(you dont have to sign up just comment on the main page if youd like because i cant figure out how to make it so people are allowed to change their passwords so unless they can remember their randomly generated password they cant get on.- the password is emailed to them-if anyone can help me fix this so the members can change the passwords it would be greatly appreciated and maybe i can give you something :!: )
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

The font is a bit unreadable, I'd suggest changing it (the font used for the logo)
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

just a quick question, do you intend on having everyone register to view the site in the future or will there be pages that can be veiwed with out registering?
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

eventually pages without registering mainly the pages you must register to view are the members page and profile pages
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not up for the idea of having people register to get into the site. I would say more people than not will see your page and click the Back button before finishing that paragraph of text.

There isn't even a mention of pricing or a single screenshot of what you have to offer. I wouldn't look at it twice I'm afraid. Sorry :oops:
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not up for the idea of having people register to get into the site. I would say more people than not will see your page and click the Back button before finishing that paragraph of text.

There isn't even a mention of pricing or a single screenshot of what you have to offer. I wouldn't look at it twice I'm afraid. Sorry :oops:
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well...like i said its kind of in its early development stage read the post before you reply
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks kind of dark and plain, imo. lets see what comes past the early dev stage tho :D
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are you using to do the registering and logging in? (language wise)

I know a bit of PHP and would be glad to help out with that but you have to clue me in on the details.
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Nowhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. The colours are not good: the blue and red are too saturated and/or too bright. In general, it's not a good idea to use large bright areas with a black background. The other graphics are also very bulky. There are loads of tutorials on making metal textures and wires on the Net. What software did you use to make those?
2. The animated curves (.swf) take up less space then their background. I suggest "zooming in".
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

AHaz wrote:
well...like i said its kind of in its early development stage read the post before you reply

Erm...

AHaz wrote:
(you dont have to sign up just comment on the main page if youd like

...I think I did just that - no? :lol: Maybe you are the one who should read your own posts! :wink:
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

omg w/e you arent getting what im saying...pricing will be its own seperate section in the site not listed in the main page as our site is not only for hosting and whatnot so just...blah
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with fiveseven. The graphics don't look very professional to me.

- The Metal - Top Part: The right panel is higher than the left panel
- The part where it says: "welcome to our site/owners" is very edgy and rough, there's a big "stair" in it on the right side
- The font seems fuzzy

Hope that helps..
And excuse my english...I'm German :-)
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks i didnt notice the stair and ill work on the maetal but im relatively new to photoshop
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another question: What kind of site is this going to be? What do you want to sell ? Or is it going to be a forum/community-thing?
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

om not positive on the exact type of site yet it will have a forum and i will be offering hosting to people and offering rewards for certain things to my memberes
  • rumka
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rumka
  • Loc: Russian Federation

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash animation on left top is fine. But I can not say the same things for the other parts of this site. I see that you should work on it a little bit more.

Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers