SITE REVIEW: AHazSites

• AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i have just started on a new site which basically serves as a portfolio for my clients to look through

http://www.250a.com/ahazsites

that is only the temp address as i will be changing it when the site is closer to completion

there is not much content i know, basically i just want to know what everyone thinks of it so far

Thanks,
AHaz
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
In the shout box, you need to change the red color as its hardly visible.So far, the site is looking good, it depends how you are going to add the contents later on.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Upon immediate viewing:

- Remove the shoutbox. Shoutboxes are very unprofessional and while they help take up space, your clients don't need to hear how your friend blew up a cat.

- Implement CSS. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets and it is used just like you would put it in the style tag at the head of your page. Only difference is that the CSS is stored in a separate file (*.css) and it allows you to update all of the pages linked to it all at once. For tutorials, go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp .

- Change the font you are using. I think you have it bold, which makes it look bad. Try using verdana or helvetica. They would look nicer on your site.

- I like the flash at the top, although it is a little distracting.

Upon review of your coding:

- I found this at the bottom of your index page:
Code: [ Select ]
<div align="center"></div>
It isn't serving any purpose so why not remove it?

- Your code is fairly clean, although I would have used CSS and the <div> tag more than tables to keep the site cleaned up.
  • El.Tigra
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's nice
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Loc: Brizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main content is too far right, and too far down, consider resizing your header. The flashing lights are a bit annoying, but I generally auite like the header, maybe they should just happen a few times and then stop.

The shoutbox makes your site seem that little bit less professional.

Frames annoy some people, what your doing could easily be done with css divs.

Your curent css is a bit jumbled and would it would be beneficial for people visiting the site to have a sepereate .css file for loading purposes.

The font would look nicer as something sleeker, maybe Verdana.

Alot more information on who you are, what you offer, why choose you, pricing e.t.c
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

a little animation is ok, i just think all the stuff you've got going on at the top is a bit O.T.T. Other than that, it's ok - maybe needs a bit more work. Also, i'm not a big fan of blue on a black background.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it just me or did Mr. Wiggles just repeat me? Oh well, I guess that just re-affirms my opinion.
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a good start i would like to see more content like pricing et....
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Loc: Brizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
Is it just me or did Mr. Wiggles just repeat me? Oh well, I guess that just re-affirms my opinion.

I posted that and realised I had just about gone through what you had said. I'd like to think my opinion counts too, ;)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright then. I figured you were just trying to meet rules so you copied what I said. lol. Glad to see it isn't just me that thinks those things.
  • tempodesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tempodesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

the color is very hard and it make a bad impresion to visitor, also the text size is too big ..
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Karachi, Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.
You can still make your site better and it'll cost you a bit time a patience for putting some attention to detail. Please consider other web design companies when it matters as an inspiration. for example,
http://www.wddg.com
http://www.souldesigns.net
http://www.2advanced.com etc etc
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

the thing is i am not charging for my services yet due to the fact that i am only a beginner and i am trying to work out some special design for my customers something original
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

SoulDesigns, quit bragging. One of the main things that a lot of designers don't get about website design is the fact that you don't want your website looking like other ones. Quit telling people that they need to make their website like yours, 'cause frankly, it ain't that great.
  • canadianguy33
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • canadianguy33

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce you certainly talk a big game for what you produce. :D

I'm not feelin' this design really. I agree that a little css goes a long way. Also, rather than trying to jump straight into flash I think it would do you some good to get your hands dirty with Photoshop if you have it.

As for colours I think it would look better if you choose a colour, let's say blue and simply did the whole site in different shades of blue. Choosing good colour combinations can be complicated when you're just learning and creating monochromatic pieces will help you when you're ready to start mixing it up.

Also, the site doesn't really have any weight to it. It looks like it's just floating. This could be solved simply by mimicing what you have on the top.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers