SITE REVIEW: ahlyfans.tk

• voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's arabic site for the ahly football club fans what do you think?

http://www.ahlyfans.tk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mmmwowmmm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mmmwowmmm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi voodoo. First of all, I do not speak Arabic, so I can only critique the look and navigation of the site.

The color scheme looks good, and the layout (in terms of widths, margins, placement of images, etc.) is attractive and well balanced.

I noticed that some of the images looked a bit pixalated. They are not displayed in their original size, and this makes them look a little funky. You should not let the webpage resize your pictures, they should be the exact size that they are going to be displayed at.

About the frames: I hate having to deal with scrolling frames, and many other people do too. They seemed to go out of style a few years ago, and it's because people find them awkward and obtrusive. I like to be able to scroll the whole page, not just the bottom part. I wouldn't use a frame unless I had a really good reason to, and I don't see a good reason here.

One other thing that I would seriously think about is not using an "Intro page". The home page (the page with the main content) should be the index page. This is another thing that seemed to go out of style a few years ago. It serves no purpose, just slows things down, plus the search engines hate it. Google specifically warns people not to use "splash" pages or "intro" pages.

Other than that it looks pretty sharp. I especially like the banner graphic at the top of the main page. Very good job.
  • mumtaz
  • mumtaz
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good work..

Regards
m
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys for reply and mmmmwowmmm i will try to dump frames
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

any body else?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I enjoy soccer/football. Unfortunately I can't read a word of content from your site since I never learned Arabic. However my daughter is currently studying it. I'll see if she can follow the content.

Based on what I can determine, there is no way to turn off the audio. If there is I can't find it. Initial sound is OK on a site, but give the viewer the option to turn it off once they get annoyed with it. Just use standard symbol buttons and it will be easy enough to find.

I agree with the prior frames advice. lose the frames.

And I would suggest to do an English translation of the site. For those that don't speak or read Arabic, at least a larger percentage of people could work there way through an English translation.
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I enjoy soccer/football. Unfortunately I can't read a word of content from your site since I never learned Arabic. However my daughter is currently studying it. I'll see if she can follow the content.

Based on what I can determine, there is no way to turn off the audio. If there is I can't find it. Initial sound is OK on a site, but give the viewer the option to turn it off once they get annoyed with it. Just use standard symbol buttons and it will be easy enough to find.

I agree with the prior frames advice. lose the frames.

And I would suggest to do an English translation of the site. For those that don't speak or read Arabic, at least a larger percentage of people could work there way through an English translation.

there is a sound turn off button just click on the small cursor and about the english version we will work on that . also thanks for reply :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Found the cursor button you refered to to turn off the sound. Not sure I'd hide that menu. It's a cool effect for flash, but not very user friendly. I'd make the sound nav buttons visible. Let the user decide if they want the sound or not. If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have never clicked that button.
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'LL TRY TO DO THAT BUT NOT NOW CAUSE I'M VERY BUSY THANKS FOR REPLY

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers