SITE REVIEW: ala ghawas

• classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ello :)

kindly review http://www.alaghawas.com and feed me back with your opinion .

happy holidays .
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kr3t3n
  • Born
  • Born
  • kr3t3n

Post 3+ Months Ago

great design, but I hate sites with only flash versions. plus, my flash blocker doesn't really like your site :) otherwise, navigation is flawless but you might want to consider some brighter theme as this makes me feel a bit gothic...:)
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is great and only thing that flash made the site to load slow and it was not easy to navigate too.Thanks.
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

assalamu alaikum classified

site is completely blank for me... just a black screen. the site in your sig has the same problem ... i'm using firefox 3 on windows xp ... maybe you can work on providing alternate format... maybe also test on lots of new browsers. good luck
  • alex89
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Western Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It worked perfectly for me, but I'd change a couple of things.

I don't think the menu should disappear when you go into the gallery - that way you won't need to click "TAKE ME OUT" to return.

It's always a good idea to make a html version as a backup.
  • b1e2n3i4
  • Born
  • Born
  • b1e2n3i4

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has great design. The only thing i dont like is that, that is build in flash format
  • motionmountain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • motionmountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

classified wrote:
Ello :)

kindly review http://www.alaghawas.com and feed me back with your opinion .

happy holidays .

The font is often very small and hard to read. But the design is excellent. The loading is slow, despite a DSL line. That means that people without DSL will hate it.
Navigation is well done and clear.

MM
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disagree with the reviews that belittle the Flash format. I think it's appropriate.

My first positive is I love the song "Mourn" However, and I hope you don't take offense at first I thought it was a woman singing.

Second, I was leaning back on my couch viewing. You have to know that when somebody is not viewing the page head on, your menu is totally invisible. Looking at any angle less than head on makes the menu invisible. It's there, but you have to mouse over it to see it, or raise your head from your pillow to see it.

Unlike the other prior comment on the gallery, I love the way you did it, and I like the "Take me out" option. What I don't like is your "Mourn" continues to play once I've entered the Gallery and gives me no option to stop it or change it until I leave the Gallery.

I don't quite get your lyrics link. I had to quickly mouse down and hit the "humm"? link before I saw lyrics and still don't see the lyrics to Mourn which I assumed was your highlighted song.

Honestly though, I think you have a good site going. I think you just need to refine a few things. And don't let anyone tell you an all flash site can't be a good site. I like what you're doing.
  • tautvys92
  • tautvys92

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like your flash.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers