SITE REVIEW: All The Lessons You Will Ever Need

• Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my site is aimed at teaching the very newest people to Web Design and Paint Shop Pro. Although I only have two web design lessons up at the moment their is more to come and it seems as if Paint Shop Pro has taken over. My server site is linked to my msn group so please view and let me know what you think, as you'll see its not FULLY finished yet and I have MANY more plans for it.

Thanks in advance all....

All The Lessons You Will Ever Need
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that you should try and make the design of the site constant. When i first visited your site it was orange then once i enter it turns green.

The navagation which moves with the page does not seem to be very smooth. This could be due to the fact that i am on my works computer. However i find it anoying and think that it would be better if it stayed at the top of each page.

I would recomend that you place the html codes into a table or text box.

I like the graphics that you have choosen for your pages.

The ads are kinda anoying but not to much of a problem. If you are serious about this site then i would suggest you get some decent hosting :-)

Over all you have done a great job with the site.

TonĂª
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks heaps Tone, I will use your suggestions and see what I can come up with. I will be investing in decent hosting soon, I just wanted to see what kind of effect it would have on people first.

Much appreciated!! :)
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well now Miss_Bee lets see here. to be honest, the whole site is rather basic. I think you should make the entrance page go with the rest of the site, and do the buttons have to be so big?? Your lessons are quite well written so I have to give you props for that. Graphics are nice though, so thats a plus as well. So all in all I think the content is good, just the site needs some sprucing up. Keep up the good work and you will have a 5 star site in no time!
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome thanks babe, will let you know what I can come up with! :)
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

SharkShark wrote:
Well now Miss_Bee lets see here. to be honest, the whole site is rather basic. I think you should make the entrance page go with the rest of the site, and do the buttons have to be so big?? Your lessons are quite well written so I have to give you props for that. Graphics are nice though, so thats a plus as well. So all in all I think the content is good, just the site needs some sprucing up. Keep up the good work and you will have a 5 star site in no time!

agree with this ..
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL come on voodoo :P!! The point is to give your opinion in your own words not copycat someone elses review!!
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well well well...
I like the concept and idea of what you have going on there. I think the splash page should look more like the website itself- e.a. colors. Also, the info on the entrance page, I think should be on a "about" page. The navigation/links is neat, tho some people might get tired of it following them when ever they scroll down, and some browsers might not support it. Some pages dont work, but I understand your under construction, so time will fix things. I say keep up the good work, and you can expect some quality hits. :)
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly, I'm not too fond of the orange on the first page. I like the background once you enter though. I like the menu that follows as you scroll down the page. The buttons at the bottom (next, email, etc) seem too redundant though. Maybe you should make them just text, or use a different graphic from the top of the page. I know you're not done with the site yet, but I was thinking maybe it would be helpful if you described each step more thoroughly, like explaining the meaning of some of the tags so whoever uses your site will understand what they're doing better.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest that you really consider not centering bodies of text. It's just not as easy to read as a paragraph that has a clear left edge.

That's my 2 cents. :)

I love the idea behind it. :thumbsup:
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone! Going straight to the drawing board tomorrow morning, coffee in hand, ciggie in another, Klaudia off to pre-school and my brain turning with LOADS of possibilities you have all given me.

Hehehehe can't wait (rubs hands in anticipation) ;)
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol @ beebee. you are most welcome
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

:)
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

The navigator on the top is just plane anoyying! but, good basic layout, needs a little work
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

Your site content is great and seems to be well written and interesting (no really geeky boring stuff) The toolbar at the top that moves is kinda annoying though (i think), I didn't see it at first, i passed it off as an advert :oops:

One other tiny thing...Your buttons on the tutorial pages are great but do they have to be one under the other? How about 3 in a row, not 3 in a column?

Keep up the good work though,

whos_wee_dug?
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys....seems that *plum* of a toolbar is OUTTA here lol :)
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, now your loooking thru our eyes :p j/k

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers