SITE REVIEW: AllRemodel.com

• allremodel-com
  • Born
  • Born
  • allremodel-com

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, I'm far being a pro at design and seo strategies,

Hello I’m the proud owner of http://allremodel.com . Let me stop there and I will tell you my short story.
In May of 2000 I broke my neck working on the job, and then sometime later after my neck incident I consulted with a few home improvement companies in southern California to help with sales and management.
But I soon found that these local contractors were scamming homeowners like this.
1. Getting a lead somehow like telemarketings say a kitchen remodel.
2. pitches using company A “chances are the first quote wont sell”
3. So company A tries to rehash that lead to company B “A will call the homeowner aging under a different company name B.
I could say a lot more of this tactic but I wont, but the fact is the reason construction cost are so high is because of this.

SO ANY HOW
I started allremodel.com to help homeowners find the right contractor rather then being fooled by one contractor with several different licenses that play the owner.

My site has been running since 2004 and it seems I can’t get it right with Google or the people in general I really thought I would get more traffic.

I have been using webmaster tools g_)+gle and for the longest time it only index 18 pages So I started looking into broken links on my site and I did have a few and since fixed them. And I thinking I might have some life left because it’s now showing 1836 pages submitted to the sitemap.

I’m so frustrated and about to give up on my whole idea cause it so time consuming. I think im doing something wrong.

ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP ME PLEASE RESPOND
Im stuck and could use some ideas on my site.
HOW CAN I TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER I NEED MORE TRAFFIC….
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

the leave a message pic is too big and pixellated. i think the green tabs on the side which follow you around are a bit annoying, so you might want to get rid of them. the google ads are blended quite nicely but try removing the green border. might look better then. how much are you making as they are?
  • oldstocks
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout and grpahics but the top graphic is fuzzy or my eyesight is going (just a distraction to the the site).

It seems like a little too much text. I know the SEO thing but I would really want to drive folks to the services (sales points). Short, to-the point Q&A works. You might try making the site wider if the template allows so that folks do not have to scroll down.

The rollover graphic is nice but folks don't move their mouse when they are reading a site. I am always a fan of very little animation so that visitors are not distracted or work too hard to use the site (yes even moving their mouse)

I very much like the business model but visitors need to know exactly what you provide or they will leave in a minute. Your business is better than mine since I have to explain the story to every visitor (at least 90%).
  • akdiver
  • akdiver

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI,

I love the central content area of the site. It is a beautiful design. I really dont like the scrolling help icon and the rollover navigational bar. Very tacky a little ugly and the help one is plain annoying. Also you have a big whit gap in your content area nav bar.
Not a bad effort though, good luck
  • ZiggyILM
  • ZiggyILM

Post 3+ Months Ago

The rollover navigation doesn't match with the rest of the site and takes a while to fully pop out. All the text links are confusing and, as akdiver said... ugly.

You're best off with a constant navigation tool. I'm glad you're addressing a real probably and wish you the best of luck with it :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers