SITE REVIEW: alnuke.com

• alnuke
  • alnuke

Post 3+ Months Ago

This website is just re-launched 2 weeks ago. now looking for new members to use its services.

Feel free to give some comments on this website so that i can improve it --> http://alnuke.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks pretty nice, i like the icons you are using. the colours may not be to everyones taste.

There is a footer image that dosnt align properly where the links are at the bottom..

You also have W3 validator images for HTML and CSS but neither your HTML or CSS validate.

Also, i would probably put the "my account" menu under the main menu, and i wouldn't include the word "my" before every word in the menu.
Or maybe give the "my account" menu the same look as the main menu.
  • alnuke
  • alnuke

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for the post/ comment meman

i think it a great idea to put my acocunt menu under the main menu. i will do this when i get home.

also to put the word 'my' in every word under my account menu is not appropriate.

i will also work on the the footer image and W3.

thanks
  • death_eather9293
  • death_eather9293

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very creative site!
To tell you the truth, my site stinks, and your site looks very very good compared to mine (i made mine a couple weeks ago too).
It has a very good layout and design, and is easy to navigate. It has some cool stuff too!
One thing that is kind of over excessive on your site, though, is the ads. Every where i look there are ads. But other than that, your site is very good.
  • Jeff DeBlase
  • Jeff DeBlase
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I have viewed your web site. It looks good and if I had to say something, I would say that it needs more pictures of couples, to give it more appeal to vistors coming to your site.
Have A Nice day, Jeff
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've got a nice nuke site! My one complaint? There are too many things scrolling at the same time - made me a little dizzy. :p
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice.

My only idea for improvement would be that the menu images at the top still have the white border around them... that bugs me personally heh.

I like the site otherwise though, although as I'm currently looking at it there are a bunch of images on the left hand side that are not working, but thats probably just a hosting problem or something.

Great job again, keep up the good work.
  • alnuke
  • alnuke

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback

Jeff DeBlase wrote:
Hi,
I have viewed your web site. It looks good and if I had to say something, I would say that it needs more pictures of couples, to give it more appeal to vistors coming to your site.
Have A Nice day, Jeff

The picture section has been added successfully. You are right Jeff DeBlase, the site is more appealing than before.

justG wrote:
You've got a nice nuke site! My one complaint? There are too many things scrolling at the same time - made me a little dizzy. :p

I still have several scrolling blocks on the front page :lol: (they also have made me dizzy). I will remove some of the blocks when i have made new sections (i.e. pages) for them.

pimpmasta wrote:
Very nice.

My only idea for improvement would be that the menu images at the top still have the white border around them... that bugs me personally heh.

I like the site otherwise though, although as I'm currently looking at it there are a bunch of images on the left hand side that are not working, but thats probably just a hosting problem or something.

Great job again, keep up the good work.

Those icons at the top of does not work very well with internet explorer. Those small sguares around the icons are not there ehen the page is viewed using mozilla firefox. I think i have their file type to make it compatible with the internet explorer.

The links for the images have been fixed. They are now working as they should.
  • mdancy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mdancy
  • Loc: hong kong

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Just took a quick look & there is a big error on Mac/Safari. The page is about 3000 pixels wide! Lots of scrolling to get to the right margin.

When I click on things under My Account a page appears but there's nothing on it except the header - how about a simple notice that - hey, you aren't a member, please sign up.

The copyright info is so tiny it is illegible.

The You can syndicate line sits right on the grey border - maybe it should be a few pixels up.

That's about it - nice looking site!

mdancy
http://www.tonydancy.com
  • Bodom78
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bodom78
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it's a nice clean site, you have managed to keep the busy content in order so its easy to follow which is great. some nit picking would be:

I'm not a fan of windows style icons in webpages but they do suit your layout.
As mentioned, scrolling shoutbox and gallery is very disorienting.

Also, I was wondering what CMS did you use? phpNuke?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers