SITE REVIEW: alphafundraising

• vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All,
Thought I would post a old design made back in 2002 and see if if the design is still working or if you think it really needs a update. The web site brings in around 1/2 million dollars each year, so it's not to bad I hope.

Well anyway see what you think:
http://alphafundraising.com

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka
  • Loc: Bristol, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Vortex,

I really like the black/orange background, and the menu system, but the main bulk of the page seems a bit 'busy'. A few too many big bright pictures. The site could do with smaller pictures, less of them, or have the content shown on the home page spread over a couple of pages - its a very long page too and difficult to concentrate on.

Overall, the style is good but content needs a little reordering.
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do agree with you about the images, I think it slows down the page load and yes the page is long, I built this site back in 2002 for a client and I manage the back-end of the shopping cart, and its really hard for me to explain something like the images being to big to the client when the site is making cash.
I thought that by posting this on here I could get some feedback from other people who see the site and then I could show the client the feedback.

Thanks for all the input.
vortex
  • crystalized
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with it being too busy. For a main page, it is rather cluttered with colour.
Also, it took a while to fully load. I guess that's because it's content heavy, and also because of the use of javascript navigation. Now CSS can do text hover navigation, too, so you might want to look into that, because it'll load a lot faster.
  • Grant
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site *thumbs up* only thing is i dont no what the site is about so yeh u might wana pu something on it telling visitors wat the site is for
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

You mean the name at the top of the site don't give it away????
or lets see how about the url.
They should be some good clues...
hehehe but yea other then that if you only looked at the body, then no you would not know what the web site was all about.

Thanks for all the feedback, believe me I really do injoy reading what other people think, It helps. Im always learning, and there is so much out there still to learn.
  • gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka
  • Loc: Bristol, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup, the worst thing is thinking you're too good :wink: Its always good to improve yourself!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers