SITE REVIEW: alvse.com - revamped

• alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just completed re-design of my site. Comments and suggestions welcomed.

Site > http://www.alvse.com

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad layout. I like the Black and orange together.

1. The load time was a bit long. That includes images. On a slower connection it would be much slower.

2. I think you need some more information on the home page. That is a nice saying, but its hardly readable, dont do orange text on an orange background.

3. There is no information about you at all on the site. Your image gallery is nice, but you should put some information about the iamges.

Code: [ Select ]
<a href='home.htm' target='main'>Home</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                        <a href='portfolio.htm' target='main'>Portfolio</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                        <a href='gallery.htm' target='main'>Gallery</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
  1. <a href='home.htm' target='main'>Home</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
  2.                         <a href='portfolio.htm' target='main'>Portfolio</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
  3.                         <a href='gallery.htm' target='main'>Gallery</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Think you could clean that up a bit?

All in all I give it a 5/10, good images and layout, not enough information.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, what Shark said.
Am I supposed to want to hire you or just admire your handiwork? Its a good site, but it needs purpose. Lets say I look up your site say "This guy is hella good" and want to pay you $1,000,000 to build me a site. How would I do that?

Also, it only took me about 30 seconds to view the entire content of your site. As Shark said, it needs more content.

Overall I like the color scheme and layout. It looks good, but now all you need to do is give it some meat. Good luck.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should have made header.jpg a GIF cos jpg are not to be used for flat areas - Use jpg only for photographs and gradients.

Your Portfolio and Gallery look good but the site is a little week. The homepage text should be white to stand out and not yellow. Maybe add a picture?

Orange in many peoples opinion is a strong colour that unless you have a strong brand its not suitable.

Dont forget HTML title tags.

My score: 6/10
  • dprichard
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Clearwater Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site title is going to make it a little hard for people to find you in the search engines.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Something is missing but I can't really put my finger on it. It is very empy though, and there is no call to action.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers