SITE REVIEW: Alvse

• alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heya guys 'n' girls, just did a re-design of me site, and would like some comments.

http://www.alvse.com/new

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a big fan of green but I guess that doesn't matter 'cause your site looks really good. The only thing I would criticize is the cursor on the mouse-overs. I couldn't tell the links were there because the cursor remained the same (or maybe it's just my comp). Other than that, good work.
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Iam not a big fan of green either. I love the header, I find it facinating. :p Its pretty neat. The ocntent loads up nicely and rather quickly. The photography is really good. The portfolio is also impressive.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, Clean and simple, However: I dont think all the bright green makes for a very professional site. Its almost too birght, so you may want to tone it down a bit. Everything else seems to be okay. The header is...unique. The only thing IMO it makes the webpage look patched. (if that is the right word?) Ah well, you have done a very good job, I just think it needs some tuning. :)
  • lanacode
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • lanacode

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
A good idea would be to loose the green. My eyes are stinging after viewing the site :)
  • alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Though I'd try something different, and I have never really used green before.... I'm happy with the results... any other suggestions?
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wondering, is the gallery supposed to *not* click through to anything? Or are you still working on that?
  • alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ ???
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry if I made no sense lol. U know when you go to the gallery and it's just that one image? Is it supposed to link to anything?
  • alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

yer.... there should be 3 sub-galleries above that gallery image
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah! I see.... hmmm that was a bit hard to notice. I suggest you make the links stand out a little more? And maybe separate the three more too. 'Cause honestly, I thought it was a header/title or something..
  • alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Suggestion Noted
  • alvse
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

K... toned down the colors a little to address the concerns from some people. It can be viewed here [url]www.alvse.com[/url]
  • Solutions
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too much green for me....but interesting header. I also need some information of the purpose of the website.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

love the green. green's not an eZy color.
how about mixing green and patches of white and black for links?

or

simply ,links can use black.

hwo about it?
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Arighty, I liekt he web site, and I personally realyl like the header that you used. It looks really good, but I would lose the green background. I know that you toned it down some ( looked at both the new and previous links) but its just too much. I do, however, have a suggestion for you. Turn the text into a white or even a bright/soft green, but make the bacj\kground a deep aqua type blue, kinda like <FONT COLOR="0115D3"><B> THIS!! Green and blue go really well together, and I think it would really make the header stand out. At least give it a try. The # for the color I used is 0115D3. Good luck.
  • dizzy_boy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dizzy_boy

Post 3+ Months Ago

For my personal taste, the toned down version (http://www.alvse.com) works much better for me. I'm also thinking green for my next project so your site was very interesting for me. I must concur with some previous replies about your links. They don't stand out at all. Me too missed your gallery links the first time. Maybe some rollovers or css hover would help. The header is awsome. Thumbs up.
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm lime green not too easy on the eyes specially at this time of nite (UK) the layout is great, the colour scheme works quite well, I guess greens a personal choice lol! and from what I can see its gunna be good!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers