SITE REVIEW: Always 420 Forum

• CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone, this is my first site...we have been up for about 2 weeks now.

Here is the link to my site

http://www.always420forum.com

Please let me know what you think!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing?
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like a drug forum. I see that you used a pre fabricated forum. What is it that you want us to review? It's centered nicely. :wink:
  • CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can you tell it is pre-fabricated? What should I do to make it more original? How would you suggest modifying titles or sections to attract people, any usefull comments would be appreciated!
  • masoko
  • Born
  • Born
  • masoko
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

I like the idea of your site - weed :-). at the moment your site is just a forum. I believe it will be much better if you install some CMS and Photo gallery so on your main page visitors will be able to see the latest topics / post from the forum, random / latest pics from the photo gallery. You can create a section for wallpapers / screen savers - there are lots of cool free weed related screen savers on the web. visitors should be able to share their fav. one and finally you'll have big collection that will attract more stoners/visitors :-)
Hope it helps
  • sck4784
  • sck4784

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi your website is not opening here. Please check
  • waffles
  • Student
  • Student
  • waffles

Post 3+ Months Ago

CheebaHawk wrote:
How can you tell it is pre-fabricated?

Quote:
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

SoftGreen phpBB theme by DaTutorials.com
Copyright � DaTutorials 2005

Adding pictures to it doesn't make it origional. And the fact that I don't have to dig very far at all to find that template doesn't help much either.
  • thedark
  • thedark

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is a nice template, but i think you should make an anti-drug forum too :)
  • CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, well fair enough in regards to my site being a template...allthough I never claimed it was original. Also it is interesting that you suggest that /\ because I was thinking of making a forum to help people quit smoking (cigarettes in particular)
  • mmmwowmmm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mmmwowmmm

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think an "anti-drug" forum on a site for pot smokers would be a little... strange. Kind of like an "atheist" forum on a Christian website - doesn't really fit.

If I were you, Cheeba, I'd learn how to make web pages. Relying on someone else's software is so limiting. Even if you just used a WYSIWYG editor (like FrontPage or CoffeeCup or something), it would be better than being boxed into some forum software. (Of course, if you're planning to do website design as more than a hobby, you need to learn to write pages by hand...)

If you could make your own webpages, then you could put the forum inside your website, instead of your website just being a forum. When I looked at your site, I knew immediately that you were just using forum software. You need to at leaste have a "proper" home page.
  • CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, good advice I appreciate it. I used to be good at web design back when that meant you knew html, lol. I have been away from the computer scene for awhile and I am in the proccess of learning a bunch.
  • jsh2134
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jsh2134
  • Loc: Boston and New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice forum..i see myself returning.....it is obviously templated, but i dont think there is anythign worng with it as long as the site attracts people with its content. Its not ugly, but its not dazzling either. I like the recipe section.
  • Lonsdale
  • Born
  • Born
  • Lonsdale

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like a nice site you got there.
  • CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice and input I definitely appreciate it. I made a few site format adjustments to try and clean up the front page, any comments? Also I feel like there might be too much text in the descriptions of my forums. I tried to make the descriptions descriptive and keyword rich, but I feel like it might scare people away with all the reading!? Would someone please take a look at the site and tell me what they think, I would really like a second opinion before I make any changes. Thanks for the help guys, take care!
  • charlie_lang
  • charlie_lang

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay. Wow, I feel so enlightened.
  • ryaninja
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ryaninja
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice forum! There's no point me reviewing the layout really, as it is pretty much a template, but I thought you'd appreciate some comments regarding the colours. Obviously green is the way to go (who wants brown nowadays? :) ) but my opinion is that with the different light greens and the white background the page looks a little too light and washed out. I initially looked at it and thought it needed some contrast on the greens, but then I realised that it was just the white background bringing it out.

As far as making your design a bit more interesting, I agree that some photos would spruce up the frontpage somewhat. Try also looking at deviant art or widescreengamingforum, as I've always found those 2 sites to be interesting to look at when you get to their frontpage.

Hope this helps somewhat, keep up the good work. Oh, and I'll think of you at 4:20! :D
  • innovasolv
  • innovasolv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site
  • xeno
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xeno

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site just redirects to runofthemill (http://news.awardspace.com/sony_playsta ... eview.html) boring page. Here I was expecting a 420. What's the deal man?
  • smithy321
  • Born
  • Born
  • smithy321

Post 3+ Months Ago

Image I advice this excellent website, I really like it
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

link doesn't work for some reason...?
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

unable to review:

always420forum.com wrote:
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers