SITE REVIEW: amaranthoil.com

• SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm working on this new site for my mother and i wanted to know were i could improve and what needs to be fixed. check it out here:
http://www.amaranthoil.com

just realize i don't have very much time to put into the site and a couple of things aren't finished like the about us page.
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks really neat. There are no masses of content, so having wide borders works really well, good (& appropriate) choice of colours as well.
Couple (hopefully) constructive criticisms:

The navigation menu at the top, do you need the "Home" link? It's already purple when I get to the page for the first time, which isn't great.
    On the same theme, maybe look at changing the link (esp. visited link) colours, blue on [that peach colour] looks ok, but the purple doesn't.
    The white table cell could use rounded corners.
    Same for the logo image at the top, also, should that not be the same width as the white cell? (I wasn't sure if you were going for a jar shape - that's a cool idea, but it needs to be more obvious if you are).

That sounds really picky! Hope you don't take offence. As it is, the site looks really good, enough for people to buy from (if I were in the market for "Amaranth Oil"!) Just some small things to improve the look.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Dyefade's comments, and would also added that the customer comments on the left hand side might be better in a sans-serif font as small text in italics can be difficult to read in serif.

On the whole though I think it's quite a nice site, certainly high enough quality that people will happily shop there.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just spotted another thing (I think).

It should be vegan vegetarian, not 'vegetarian vegan' in the heading midway down the page.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before you make any changes to graphics and/or tables, consider using a sans-serif typeface. Frankly, I personally think it could use it. The site itself serves its purpose in terms of content to design.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyefade wrote:
On the same theme, maybe look at changing the link (esp. visited link) colors, blue on [that peach color] looks ok, but the purple doesn't.

Thank you all for your comments! what colors might you suggest? :)
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also suggest a change of colors on the main navigation menu, even though it would only be optional, because it's not like you need a ultra flashy mega eyecandy site for such a content, its how i see it.

I like the site's appearance, it works, there aint no messy stuff, everything falls to place and i like it.

Good work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers