SITE REVIEW: AmatoTech.com

• Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've been around. I've been working a lot on my consulting website and would like some feedback and tips.

I didn't design the website, I used a CSS template. I'm looking for some SEO tips and anything else you have to offer.

http://www.amatotech.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate templates.

1 error in the CSS

15 errors in the HTML

You should be adding a description in the head section. For example, the Ozzu description:
Code: [ Select ]
<meta name="description" lang="en" content="Webmaster Forum : Webmaster discussion on numerous topics including Website design, programming, scripting, hosting, server administration, search engines, and operating systems">

1. <meta name="description" lang="en" content="Webmaster Forum : Webmaster discussion on numerous topics including Website design, programming, scripting, hosting, server administration, search engines, and operating systems">

Keywords usually don't mean much to search engines anymore, but you might as well add them too.

As per the design of the page, I don't particularly like it. I like the simplicity, but it's just plain bland ... but it loads really quick XD

You need some images and other such things to draw the attention of users, and add some more colour! That's one mistake people make over and over in regards to web design: too little colour or too much.

Something needs to happen when I move my mouse over the links at the top too ... ie rollovers. Underline? Change in colour? Both will be better than nothing.

You might want to add a web form as well. They're pretty useful and will allow people to send you a message without having to go to the trouble of opening up their e-mail program ...

There's way too much text ... I wouldn't want to sit there and just read text and nothing else ... try breaking it up with images.
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a huge fan of templates either, but I hate my design work and just don't have the time.

I forgot about the meta information, I'll add it. Thanks.

I'll make the top navigation have a colour change on rollover.

I forgot about the web form, I'll add it on the contact page. You're right, most people won't take the time to send a simple email, but they will fill out a form.

I'll make the font bigger to make it easier to read, and I'll add images to the description of my services.

Thanks a lot for that review, the critiques you provided me with are spot on for the most part and will help me make a website much better. I really appreciate it!
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

No worries, any time :) Post in this topic again if you need an opinion on anything else.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers