SITE REVIEW: Ambition (Updated)

• Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Final version. Moving on to the next project.

http://www.ffxposed.net/files/ambition/index.html

Another layout i made, using flash this time around, simple and clean, i like it :-) now that i discovered flash my layout-making hobby has suffered a huge boost ^^.

[fade]
[blur]There's a typo when you rollover the about link, it reads wedmaster instead of webmaster, chuckle. Will solve that when i get back to my computer. Also needs a preloader that i didn't have time to create.[/blur][/fade]

Opinions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Sharky
  • Student
  • Student
  • Sharky
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow that is really good what flash program do you use macromedia flash mx?
  • mackiller
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow the flash is relly great.

the music is poor quality though.

I am glad you added the option to stop the music cause i relly dont like websites that have music when you cant turn it off.

lol and other than that you missspelled webmaster which you allready said it looks great
  • WebNewbSeb
  • WebNewbSeb
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

in a word... beautiful :D
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a very nice picture there... What are the point of the "1 2 3 4" buttons under "Latest works"? When I clicked them, they didn't do anything. (The picture is beautiful though).
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks so much for the replies :-)

The music is bad quality indeed, 8bit wave quality, it *is* indeed a 'just for show' site for now, so i didnt bother with sound quality, today i'll work on the site alot, add a preloader and fix the typos, add more navigation and windows.

The 1 2 3 4 buttons are just placeholders for to-be works, links or whatever, since it is a 'just for show' site i dont really have any content to add there, but the content windows shall be made today.

Again, thanks for the criticism :-)

I'm still a rookie with flash but i'm hoping to become good with it, because flash is just so beautiful and helps on my curriculum ^^
  • justice
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks great. But the question is what are you planning to use the site for?

If you want to be found in the searches, I hear that Flash is not a very spider friendly.

Good luck...
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

As i said, it's a flash study, it _might_ be used for anything, and it _might_ not.

One of my hobbies is building layouts, i have piles standing around that i never use, it's just like lego: you have fun bulding the blocks but then you're to worn out to play with them.

On the web spider issue: if done correctly, and if you have nice content, your site will be listed no matter what.

Corrected and final version uploaded.
  • mack10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mack10

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol maybe a stupid question.. but the site is called ffxposed.. and ur name on these forums is Ifrit, and the dude who's credited for that photo did work for RPGgamer.com or something? is this a final fantasy X site? just wondering.. cuz it doesn't look like it in it's state atm.. but real good flash nonetheless.. can't wait to see the finished version.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

i find it displeasing having the copy right info located right at the top, probably be better at the bottom of the page.
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

mack10, credit to photography is from a guy at rpgamer.com, and im owner of ffxposed.net and this site is hosted on the same server, my alias is Ifrit my name is Pedro Ferreira, and no it's not supposed to be a ffX site (altho ffxposed.net is a final fantasy community site), it's a portfolio site, and i cant stress it enough: it's a placeholder layout, it might not ever be used for anything, sometimes i wonder if people even read the whole thread :(

changing the 'usual' ways is what i try to do all the time Foxy, i poke around trying to find different ways to do stuff, also i value credits and copyright alot, so i went ahead and put it there just to be different and so it grabs you more, people usually overlook credits if they go on the bottom

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers