SITE REVIEW: Amplify Gifts

• TheRasher
  • TheRasher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, so I'm new here. I did the required three reviews, and now I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about my first real venture into web-design (the final frontier for me).

My site has been up and running for about a week now. I've been promoting it aggressively, and for the last 4 days I've been averaging over 60 unique hits a day.

The problem is that I haven't made a single sale, so I'm beginning to think that there is something wrong with my site design or content. So, any pointers/tips/criticisms/suggestions or just plain ideas on why people aren't buying would be most welcome.

Amplify Gifts
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• aarrgh
  • Loc: World Traveler

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's looks to be sized for 800, which is good, but you should center your page. I would imagine that your target is woman, get rid of the gray, it's drab, and go with a more cheerful color. How about pink?

I would display my items first and then use closing verbiage ( free shipping)towards the bottom when the customer is ready to buy, acting as another inducement to purchase. I would think the more products displayed above the first fold the better, and would hep keep the page short and to the point.

I am sorry, but as it stands I do not feel your marketing flows. Take your customer by the hand, show them what they want to "own",not buy, convey ownership of the product, offer inducements to negate negative thoughts. Show and tell them what needs to take place to own this product.

60 hits a day is great for a week old site, outstanding! No reason not to have at least a 1 to 2% closing ratio within the coming weeks. Once your site really gets going you can find what marketing speel is working best by uploading slightly different versions of your marketing approach, maybe weekly, it will not take long to find out exactly what, and what is not working.

Good Luck
aarrgh
  • TheRasher
  • TheRasher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much for your comments, they have been most helpful.

I took your advice about showing the product first and then using the closing verbiage after the customer has seen a sampling of my product, and here is what I did:
<title, logo, etc>
<opening sales pitch paragraph>
<sampling of about eight various products>
<Closing verbiage (free shipping, secure ordering, how to record a message>

I also rewrote my opening sales pitch, taking into account what you said. I think it flows a bit better now, but I'd still like some outside opinions as to whether or not it really reaches out and grabs you.

As for who the site is geared towards... well, I expect to have a fairly even split between men and women. Since the product is mostly used as a gift, I'm expecting that a large demographic will be men buying it for a girlfriend or wife. I'm also expecting women looking to buy the products as a gift for a man in their life or for another friend... so I'm a bit hesitant to go with a girly color, because I'm worried that it will isolate a large part of my target audience.

Thanks a lot for your comments!
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) Center it, Nick Nolte is right there...!
2) Teddy Bears in grey & white? Do you have the authority to change the colors?
3) Why do I have to click on the link "form" once I enter the Contact Page... Wouldn't it be easier to have the form there, once I hit Contact?
4) Maybe the links Page can show the links alone and if I click on a link they open up the description, so it doesn't show you by its length... It's easy to do with a <div class=hidden> and a style with a display:block or :none...

But all in all:

See? That's what I call a PRO designer! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
  • TheRasher
  • TheRasher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many thanks for your comments as well. I've got a list of changes I'm planning to implement this weekend, and I'll definitely take everything you said into consideration :)

<sidenote: 750 unique visitors and still no orders. I'm starting to think that it is the product itself that there is a problem with...>
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you should try targeting people looking at other gift stuff. Try google adwords! You should change the color to something more fun and that would help. Shorten up the main page and add some kinda special offer, like a teddy bear for $9.95 right there on the main page. Maybe add in a third column that has a list of specials, new products, best buys, and such.
  • aarrgh
  • Loc: World Traveler

Post 3+ Months Ago

750 is good. Just make some changes, add more product, and hang in thier, it will happen.
  • Alderak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia, Vic, Melbourne

Post 3+ Months Ago

not a bad first venture. Proffesionally set out but i'm not a big fan of the red and grey together. I like the personalised teddy bears pitch though. Its very nice. I also like that you have been able to set up a shoping cart people love that kinda stuff. :P
  • harlequeen
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Wales

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a fan of the colour scheme or the font used for your buttons and logo, but I like the product (maybe it is a girly thing!)

Perhaps you could include image of individual bear in the bottom right of the introductory text and have the text flow around it. I think this would help break the text up, visually.

Other than that, I like it.
  • TheRasher
  • TheRasher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments everyone... I'm planning on another round of changes this weekend, so I'll revise again and let ya'll know when it's done :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers