SITE REVIEW: AnotherPhotoGallery.com

• artcoder
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just launched Another Photo Gallery. Yes, that is what it is called: AnotherPhotoGallery.com. All comments are appeciated. Thanks.

By the way, comment not just on the main site, but also the individual galleries too. Especially, Images From a Tea Garden. That one is my favorite.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and clean art, eventually you might want to look into something like an AJAX lightbox type gallery. That is what I have been working on integrating and they are awsome.

I like your gallery, very neat and clean CSS. Did you do the sub sites as well? The images from the Tea Garden is the nicest one. I would make the other sites, resemble that template a little more to brand them together.
  • artcoder
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I did the sub-sites too.

Is there a good "AJAX lightbox gallery" open-source software? Or script? Or tutorial? A url?
  • Chicago Concrete
  • Chicago Concrete

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall Nice Site,
But... ;)
-you left out 4 alt tags, which causes the site to fail validation at w3c ( http://validator.w3.org ).

-I would also suggest dropping the tables in favor of pure CSS, that seems to be the trend nowadays.

-also, where it says "Bookmark this website. " I was kind of expecting it to be a link to a "bookmark script"... maybe it should be?

-In your code there is only one META tag. I know that some people think that meta tags are becoming obsolete, but I think that they wouldn't hurt.

-the Image with the site name looks a little rough around the edges, maybe you could smooth it out in photoshop or some such?

But yes, as I said nice site! Keep up the good work ;)
  • TheMacBlog
  • Born
  • Born
  • TheMacBlog

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a nice layout
  • tbobker
  • tbobker

Post 3+ Months Ago

The front page looks really good, but why not in the galleries? It was a shame to see such a bland gallery page
  • artcoder
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

tbobker wrote:
The front page looks really good, but why not in the galleries?

:lol: That is because I created the "galleries" (the sub-sites) long time ago and I created the main front page just now. And back then, I didn't know what I was doing.

But don't worry, when I have time I will create some newer galleries to replace these old ones. And they should be getting better because now I'm just starting to know what I'm doing.
  • WholeCloth_Newbie
  • Born
  • Born
  • WholeCloth_Newbie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it is pretty cool and very well put together...if you could present the individual pictures in a different manner, it would be even better.
  • artcoder
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Chicago Concrete wrote:
Overall Nice Site,
But... ;)
-also, where it says "Bookmark this website. " I was kind of expecting it to be a link to a "bookmark script"... maybe it should be?

That's a good idea. Anybody know where I can get a "bookmarking" script?
  • ! st.soso !
  • ! st.soso !
  • Loc: OnLine

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes... very nice website. Especially the tea garden sub-site. I really like it.
You should try and blend them all together. I mean make a similar layout for every gallery and everything should be fine!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

In that java imagebox thing on the homepage I can't see the text underneath the image ... can you stretch it a little ... Do you know what i'm talking about?
  • rickrock
  • Born
  • Born
  • rickrock
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think u can put more information in the main page. It look a bit "empty".
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

The front page layout is good but the color scheme is aweful.
  • Andromedan
  • Andromedan

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, this website has some great pictures. I'm a big fan of nature.

Ok, what do I think of the overall navigation and look.

I consider the navigation a little on the difficult side because every part of the website looks different and I can't always find a Home link or something that links back to the home page. To much adsense, really bothering, especially on the photo gallery of Scandinavia page. It doesn't matter if a website has a lot of adsense but not within a small margin.

So in a nutshell, navigation is confusing.

the look

I noticed how every section on the website is a completely different website. I can understand that for newcomers it takes some time to get familiar with the surroundings of the website. Color schemes are not very well balanced, I can see it took some work though, its not that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers