SITE REVIEW: aQuatell - Water Purification Made Easy

• UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recently overhauled my entire web business including a complete redo of the website. Not quite done, but looking for feedback please: http://www.aquatell.com

Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

only have time for a quick look-see now but my first impression is the orange part of your banner is way too jpeg-ey.... what I mean is, you've compressed it too much and it's lost too much quality and 'broke', so it looks splotchy. big no-no. just bring up the quality a little..... experiment to find the point where it still looks good but isn't too heavy.
  • UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Celandine. I'll play around with it a little. I was afraid that my site was too graphically heavy and may have gone too light on the banner to compensate.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I really like this. I agree with the graphic issue. But that's an easy fix. I like the colors and the cleanliness of the site. A few things I would tweak:

1. the drop down you have is in a different location on other pages, i would keep it consistent

2. some of the buttons ONLY appear at the bottom of the page. the page is not that tall. i would put all of the nav near the top and maybe do breadcrumbs if you want in both places. also, maybe add a little something to the rollover. such a nice site deserves just a little more than an underline, IMO

3. On homepage the vertical spacing looks a little cramped.

4. Homepage - has a huge white space. Maybe add something in that area. a little imagery or some content. to the left of it, there are some items that could use a rollover as well. Maybe I'm just big on that, personal preference.

5. This is hard to explain without a visual but that drop shadow effect you are using, it doesn't fade out evenly on both sides. it's actually kind of harsh on the right hand side near those boxes.

BUT again, overall, this is a great piece of work. Be proud! And you have a few HTML and CSS errors to clean up. Good luck!
  • surogram
  • surogram

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site worked pretty well! I like the logo and overall design but think shrinking the orange header with the word "aquatell" would keep people from having to scroll down on the homepage and easily condense most of the other information to make it easier for the visitor to see everything on the first page! Overall liked what your doing!
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is your site down? I get a server not found error. Anyway let me know when its backup, I wanted to comment.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

loads fine for me, graphixboy.

it really is a neat looking little site!! always liked this one. and I see the banner has improved too!!
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha yeah its back and working for me. Thanks for the headsup on that UVboy.

Anyway I really like the site overall. I think its really well done (especially the logo) and its actually nice to see a water products site that isn't all blue or green. I bet this site stands out in an industry not known for great design.

I do have 3 complaints though. First you should probably use rollovers on all your links and buttons. I noticed they exist in the header, but not anywhere else on the site. Rollovers help users to understand what is or isn't a link and the big orange tabs on the home page are just crying for something cool on rollover.

Second, your footer really bothers me. It has important content, but it doesn't visually anchor the site and its not very obvious that its separate from the content. You should try turning the horizontal bar orange with white links and then you could probably make the bottom (legal and credits text) quite a bit smaller so it doesn't look like body copy.

My only other issue is with the form elements in the header (search and drop down) I think you could probably style those a little bit so they fit with the design and don't stick out so much visually.

Other than those few things I think you did a great job.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the header, and your traffic rank is good! I bet with the mods you'll see higher return rates resulting in increased rankings...

:D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers