•  
    Never ! Its Waste !

SITE REVIEW: arcademint.com

• maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Dear Friends.
can you review my site ArcadeMint.com once please ?
maybe if you can tell me little bit about the DESIGN :) and layouts , ad
placements , etc

The Site URL is : http://www.arcademint.com/

Thanks in advance. :P

[i got the help of OZZU.com to get review of my another site http://www.gameza.info before]

Thanks to all,
Regards,
Tharshan,
http://www.arcademint.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 8everything
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the header design! The color scheme works well too.

I think the flashing banner ads are kind of annoying though
  • maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your review i will adjust the flash banners
  • Chicago Concrete
  • Chicago Concrete

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a valid HTML 4.01 Transitional, which you declared in your doctype statement...

I think those bars (sorry I forgot the name of this effect) behind the banner/header are not a good idea, but then again it's just my humble opinion..

Other then that, I think it is a nice website, seems to have a lot of relevant content, which is good...

Good luck!
  • maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Chicago Concrete wrote:
Not a valid HTML 4.01 Transitional, which you declared in your doctype statement...

I think those bars (sorry I forgot the name of this effect) behind the banner/header are not a good idea, but then again it's just my humble opinion..

Other then that, I think it is a nice website, seems to have a lot of relevant content, which is good...

Good luck!

Thank You !
  • Chicago Concrete
  • Chicago Concrete

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're welcome ;)
  • TinyLoad
  • Born
  • Born
  • TinyLoad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Colors are bright, but it fits in well with all the other online gaming sites. decent job
  • chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quite vivid colors, looks very attractive!

The text is a bit hard on the eye..I am very reluctant to read white text on black background...

The banners on the left are a bit too long..if there's any way I would make them shorter, and also make the panels on the right 'most popular games', etc collapsible. Thus if the user already checked the popular games, top rated, etc he can simply collpase these panels and have all his pages much shorter..that is if you could cut the left banners of course..

I can't read at all the grey text on bottom..but anyway I suppose it's the search engines not the users that are supposed to read it :)

In the registration maybe it's good to ask the user to re-type his email, lots of people are mistyping them and complain they don't receive the confirmation emails..

You don't have any captcha, etc in your reg form - I suppose you plugged some anti-spam code into it.

That's from me :)

Rgds

Chi
  • maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

chiara wrote:
Quite vivid colors, looks very attractive!

The text is a bit hard on the eye..I am very reluctant to read white text on black background...

The banners on the left are a bit too long..if there's any way I would make them shorter, and also make the panels on the right 'most popular games', etc collapsible. Thus if the user already checked the popular games, top rated, etc he can simply collpase these panels and have all his pages much shorter..that is if you could cut the left banners of course..

I can't read at all the grey text on bottom..but anyway I suppose it's the search engines not the users that are supposed to read it :)

In the registration maybe it's good to ask the user to re-type his email, lots of people are mistyping them and complain they don't receive the confirmation emails..

You don't have any captcha, etc in your reg form - I suppose you plugged some anti-spam code into it.

That's from me :)

Rgds

Chi

Thank You..
i will make the necessary changes.
  • fadetoblack22
  • fadetoblack22

Post 3+ Months Ago

U have used good colours but nothing draws my eye more than the 999,999 visitor ad in the middle.
  • fadetoblack22
  • fadetoblack22

Post 3+ Months Ago

btw I like the background though. It works well against the green menu bars in the middle. The orange doesn't work as well.

hope that helps a bit
  • WatchMoviez
  • Born
  • Born
  • WatchMoviez

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the background and the colour scheme good job
  • shyguyjeff
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to fix the errors of your site. Try to click the link below:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arcademint.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline
Goodluck.. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers