• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

The image in your banner is neat, I liked that, and how it fades into the color of the background is a nice touch. But the big blog icon and the chartreuse green text just seem a bit out of place. The green text that reads "Arctic Development" is a bit redundant since you have the same words just above it in the black/white text. Other than that, it is looking pretty good, keep it up!
  • wincyclopedia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wincyclopedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that feedback... what color might you choose besides the green?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your green looked more of a blue, but that isn't the point. The hex color I might suggest is 00c6ff. That should be a lighter blue, almost an icy blue color like this

Maybe even a little bit darker at hex 00a5ff might look good
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wait a second, you were talking about the neon green text, not the background. Woops! I suppose to replace the green text, a light gray might be good, even lighter than the sub categories underneath it. Shoot, maybe one of those blues from above might be a good one, and keep the blue background you have. I myself would go with the darker blue above for the solid color background, then the lighter blue for the bold text, then keep the same color for the sub category text.

Or replace the green text with the lighter blue instead. I think that might look best out of everything I have studdered about today. Sorry if I have given you a head ache from all my confusing mumbojumbo.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. It's clean and nice. Your background image fades well into the rest of the site.

My only real suggestion is more of a preference really. Your font color seems a bit dark for that color of background. If it were me I would brighten it up a bit and use more of a bright gray or closer to white color.

Other than that, it looks good.
  • shofe
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • shofe
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a useful site there, the content is really great -- The power of Web 2.0... But I think you need to work and make the text more lighter a little. Though all in all the site is great.
  • wincyclopedia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wincyclopedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the positive feedback... which text would you make lighter?
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whatever is using #CCCCCC.

Upon my second viewing I'm a little conflicted now. A part of me says that you should leave the text that color and it is bright enough, but a part of me says it should be a bit lighter, like a bit closer to white.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes too long to load the header.jpg image, not surprising since it's 80 KB in size.
I took the liberty of using Photoshop to "Save for Web..." and got it down to 38 KB.

Try it out for quality and see if it's acceptable, if it is, feel free to use it.

http://www.paradigmwebdesigns.com/images/header2.jpg

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers