SITE REVIEW: Arman's Blog

  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Posts: 116
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey ppls! Its been a loong time!

Well, I've started my own blog awhile back and I was wondering if anyone can provide feedback for it. The URL to it is: http://www.armansblog.co.nr/.

Thank you for your time...!
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 62
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

gsgfx wrote:
I was wondering if anyone can provide feedback for it.

Ok, here you get,

you use Frames, fixed font-size (IE can't scale the font) and you use tables for design and iFrames.

Aside from that, you site is not so good for modem users (main site have more than 330KB).
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Posts: 116
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

multiosbrowser wrote:
you use Frames, fixed font-size (IE can't scale the font) and you use tables for design and iFrames.

Aside from that, you site is not so good for modem users (main site have more than 330KB).


err, I think I already know that I use frames and tables. But as for fixed font-size, what other alternative do I have. Don't leave me hangin', bro.

For modem users? I think you mean dial-up users specifically. Anyways, what should I do to cutdown on filesize?
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 62
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

gsgfx wrote:
But as for fixed font-size, what other alternative do I have. Don't leave me hangin', bro.

You use following:
Code: [ Select ]
<... style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12px">

Better for IE and scalable text is:
Code: [ Select ]
<... style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 1em">

And if you want that linux or mac users better see your text:
Code: [ Select ]
<...style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 1em">


gsgfx wrote:
Anyways, what should I do to cutdown on filesize?

You use more than 20 images for your main site. Decrease the number of images.
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Posts: 116
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

reducing images to cutdown filesize is out of the question because most of the images are slices from photoshop. And changing the font size unit 'px' to 'em' makes it scalable and better for other users?

Any more feedback would be greatly appreciated...!

thanx
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 62
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

gsgfx wrote:
And changing the font size unit 'px' to 'em' makes it scalable and better for other users?

Yes, better for all people who use MS IE 5.0 or higher. If Microsoft will release the MS IE 7.0, so you can leave it as it is. MS IE 7.0 have now, like FF or Opera, the possibility to resize the entire site without relative values.
  • bookatechie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 46

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good start but not enough contnet to give a good review.
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Posts: 116
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

multiosbrowser wrote:
gsgfx wrote:
And changing the font size unit 'px' to 'em' makes it scalable and better for other users?

Yes, better for all people who use MS IE 5.0 or higher. If Microsoft will release the MS IE 7.0, so you can leave it as it is. MS IE 7.0 have now, like FF or Opera, the possibility to resize the entire site without relative values.


Ok. I'll change the font-size unit to 'em'.

Quote:
Good start but not enough contnet to give a good review.


Point taken. I'll ask for another review when I feel the content is finished. But do you have anything to suggest for the design?

Once again, thanx.
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Posts: 116
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

*bump*

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.