SITE REVIEW: Articles2u

• kokkada.com
  • Student
  • Student
  • kokkada.com
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am started new blog http://www.articles2u.com. I request you to review my new blog and give me your suggestation.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly the W3C Validator found 24 errors in your coding ... you can click here to see them ...

Then I must tell you that I like your colour scheme ... it's nice and soft on the eyes ... Except for the header image ... I don't like that at all ... It's pixelated, and it's just text, now I don't mind logos that are just text, but that one bothers me because it's in 'Comic Sans' and that's a really common font ... too common ...

Then you could also disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example, if a user is on the "home" page, you could disable the "home" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), that way, users won't redirect to the page that they are on, and they will know which page they are on at all times ...

Then in my opinion, your "login" and your "register" pages look even better than yours ... I'm guessing that it's not your own creation?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing to add really - the header needs complete redesign - or rather it needs some design - maybe get the person who did the last two links to do you a header?

or if you want it just in font, try a black 'Callisto MT' if you want a really simple look, or 'Adobe Caslon Pro' which is even more elegant... 'Eras Light' would also look good. Either way I think it should be black, or maybe teal (perhaps the same color, or a shade darker, as your article titles when they are not highlighted).... and give it a nice resolution so it looks pretty, no jaggies allowed...... the rest of the page is really very pretty!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with R_T regarding the color scheme -- it's very easy on the eyes. I also agree that the header image has got to go. You need something better than pixelated text that looks like it came straight from MSPaint.

Overall the site isn't bad, but here's the one thing I don't like about it: when I first visit the site, my immediate impression is that it looks like one of the millions of "parked domain" pages out there. Because of this, if I had landed on your page as a random visitor, I'd likely close it within seconds before even getting the chance to see any of the content. I think a better logo and a little more design elements to break up the large amounts of text would help to solve this.
  • JeffLin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Totally say, your have a good traffic but with 0 PR, ur traffic seems ok , for you add many goodgle ads there, but i think you'd better not add google ads at a bright location, the costomer will be boring with that.

And your PR so low, i think your should got some high quality link in links, you can add your site at some big webdirtory and exchange link with high quality site.
  • kokkada.com
  • Student
  • Student
  • kokkada.com
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for replay. I change template of my blog.

Check my site.
  • Grouptivity
  • Grouptivity

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's your objective?
  • Philadelphia_computer_rep
  • Philadelphia_computer_rep

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout. It's unlike other blog sites. You have your content to the left.. than catergories... than all little menues such as archive etc..

Usualy main content in the blogs is in the middle of the page.
  • mrquotes

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think after the change its now pretty clear & defined look of what you are doing. Add feedburner so people can subscribe to your blog.
Also you can change the header color of the post .... so it can stand out.
  • Mightymule
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mightymule
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea! But think it looks too much on the homepage! Its just to much in your face!

Im not techi so only going on first impressions, would i use your site straight away? Maybe! Once my eyes have adjusted to all the infomation that hits you!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers