SITE REVIEW: Asheville Brewing Company

• Shaman
  • Shaman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Im still new to flash, but have fun with it..
The site is waiting on some text and a bit more content, but you will get the idea.

http://www.ashevillebrewing.com/test

Please show me the errors of my ways..
Thanks in advance.
Aaron
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Regarding the Flash part, well done. The colours also seem to be perfect for a brewing company.

That being said, I am not in favour of Flash-only sites, because they reduce accessibility, both for humans and search engines. You should consider including a non-Flash section too.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd be careful with using pure flash due ot the SEO problem. Also it adds unneeded weight have you thought about designing the site mainly in html and then inserting flash in key areas? It would make the site lighter and faster loading.
  • Shaman
  • Shaman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the replies.. I do have the flash in an html page, I can still ad some SEO tidbits, and I might end up making a full html site (with flash bits) for the "low tech" crowd later.. I can stuff it full and it will run off the same domain...

Thanks again, what about the design of it and how it runs overall?
What would you change?

Aaron
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 18 errors ... you can click here to see them ...

The top menu is very blurry, it feels as if I'm drunk already while looking at that ...

And I think it'd be great if you do an HTML page aswell, I'm really not a fan of flash websites at all ...

I think on the "beers" page you should make the text and the image appear while the beer is still pouring, because I missed it twice before I saw what happened for the first time ...

The "about us" page doesn't make sense to me ... "You can tell your story about making beer from sagebush many years ago" ... I don't want to tell MY story, that page is about YOU ... The Asheville Brewing Company ... Tell us something about yourself ...

I assume the photos still need to be updated, or are those your photos? Because if they are you'll need to give a better description to why they are part of The Asheville Brewing Company ...

I am at work, so I wanted to play your games, but none of them worked it seems ... Maybe it's a sign ...

If your "send mail" thing works (on the "contact" page) I have just sent you a lot of empty messages ... Please check for valid inputs before submitting the form ...

The images of those leaves look real pixelated to me aswell ...
  • cutiger95
  • cutiger95

Post 3+ Months Ago

Super cool someplace for me to go drinking when the wife and I go to Asheville for the weekend.

Now on the the website review. The overall feel of the flash is not what I would be looking for in a brewery page. The big question that I have is what exactly is the brick and mortar you are representing. It looks like a brewery and not a pub. But once I look it appears to be a pub.

As mentioned above the header also makes me feel drunk as it is not clear on my laptop and I also truly hate flash sites in general. An HTML page with a couple of flash items is cool a flash driven site, not so much so.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers