SITE REVIEW: AuctionBump.com

• auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump
  • Loc: Baltimore

Post 3+ Months Ago

ridiculouslyrandom.com wrote:
Try and make the images a certain width and height all the time, it looks strange at some points. Also, try to make the top bar like the header another color to bring attention to certain parts of the site. I mean at the top of ozzu its black, but yours is all white, it looks too basic imo.

The images are all resized to 100x100 pixels what you are probably seeing is in the actual image. I could probably remove the border? That may help.... let me test it. Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RigelNet
  • RigelNet

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice one
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Azoundria wrote:
Alright, I'm going to show you what I mean. Look at the following picture. It is a screenshot of your site with each element turned into a red square. The blue lines are used to show how unaligned every element of the page is.

And here is a picture of what your site could look like with a little bit of alignment. Only two elements have been resized - the height of the 'Please visit these other fine auctions' and the 'Buy Scripts'.

I hope you can see what a big difference this makes to the layout.

Hi, I made the alignment changes you are right it looks much better. Also, check out the FOOTER, that was a good idea as well.

I still need to set some limit on the number of links to show (and do a [MORE AUCTIONS] links maybe... I am also working on text for an intro paragraph (it will be short) most people that come to my site will most likely be ebayers and myspacers.

Thanks again for your input and suggestions!
  • omnimesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think about making the text links the same color as the blue in your logo.
Also, the black background is too stark of a contrast with the white of the middle, try some shades of gray or an analogous color to complement your logo.

That should give you a good start.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only changes I notice are re-aligning the top right box and resizing the menu - which is a good start. Now just finish it... Here's a list of what you haven't done.

1) Left align the logo
2) Put the 'Give your Auction a BUMP up!' text under the logo
3) Size the blue box to fit perfectly on the right.
4) Ensure the space between the blue box and the menu is the same as the space between the menu and the main content.
5) The top 7 buttons on the left menu are still not lined up with the 'Buy Scripts' and bottom button.

Alright, so the next task is to make it display only some of the links. The best idea is to create an array of links, and then position the first number of them.

$links = array(
"<a href=......>",
"<...>",
"<..sdf.sdf>");

for($count = 0; $count < 20; $count++) {
echo $links[$count];
}
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Azoundria wrote:
The only changes I notice are re-aligning the top right box and resizing the menu - which is a good start. Now just finish it... Here's a list of what you haven't done.

1) Left align the logo
2) Put the 'Give your Auction a BUMP up!' text under the logo
3) Size the blue box to fit perfectly on the right.
4) Ensure the space between the blue box and the menu is the same as the space between the menu and the main content.
5) The top 7 buttons on the left menu are still not lined up with the 'Buy Scripts' and bottom button.

Alright, so the next task is to make it display only some of the links. The best idea is to create an array of links, and then position the first number of them.

$links = array(
"<a href=......>",
"<...>",
"<..sdf.sdf>");

for($count = 0; $count < 20; $count++) {
echo $links[$count];
}

Thanks you have been very helpful, I will look at these suggestions. On the flip side I have made more major changes to the site including extending the width, left justifing the view, and fixing the double border-bottom on the images.

I will have to look at the realignment again... I thought I had it right... I must be going blind... LOL, thanks again for your time! You are an OZZU Asset!
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

omnimesh wrote:
Think about making the text links the same color as the blue in your logo.
Also, the black background is too stark of a contrast with the white of the middle, try some shades of gray or an analogous color to complement your logo.

That should give you a good start.

Good suggestion but I tried that and the color is just too light for the links....

As far as the black background I have expanded the site and left justified it... check it out. Thanks for your comments!
  • websiteacquire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • websiteacquire

Post 3+ Months Ago

its an ok design, too bad you don't own bump.com like in the topic title, that would be a very valuable domian name!
  • trickfly.com
  • trickfly.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is your site bump.com ? or auctionbump.com because in the thread it read bump.com anyways I agree with alot of the people here the links are to external pages

I will give you a 2/4 sorry dude.

Good potentional , keep it up!
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

trickfly.com wrote:
Is your site bump.com ? or auctionbump.com because in the thread it read bump.com anyways I agree with alot of the people here the links are to external pages

I will give you a 2/4 sorry dude.

Good potentional , keep it up!

Nope, site is auctionbump.com title was short, my bad. Here is the link again.

http://www.auctionbump.com
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, a few more changes... I finally added some text at the top to explain the site... LOL thank you WEBSTER. I also included a TRIM() function on the link upload so when someone post text with leading spaces the will be trimmed off and the links will now show left aligned.

Hope you all enjoy my text definiations of BUMP.

check it out here: http://www.auctionbump.com
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your alignment still needs work and I think the ads are a little too much.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

New features the WEBSITE BUMP and the BIG BUMP!

Not sure I see the alignment issue you are talking about.... I thought I had them all fixed.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 43 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers