SITE REVIEW: AuctionBump.com

• auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump
  • Loc: Baltimore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review and thanks for the comments.

AuctionBump.com

You can bump your ebay auctions, your ebay stores or your MYSPACE PAGE or your BANNER.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webcosmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Boston, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool. images are distorted. you may check the width/height of them.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I know but have no control of what images people upload. I only have control of what to resize the image to.

Unless there is a way to do that?
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of text on the site is links, right? It looks like plain text with link color. If you must have all those links (a hole bunch), I will prefer to make it a list or something.
  • partyjan
  • Student
  • Student
  • partyjan
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

or maybe you could categorize them, or you could have about 20 links on one site and then at the bottom there was something like this:

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. next ->

If you get it? Divide the links on several sites instead of that long, long site. I`ll guess that peaple who looks at it will for the first not find what they are looking for and second of all they will get bod of reading downwords.
  • Smoothie
  • Smoothie
  • Loc: Johns Creek, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

auctionbump wrote:

AuctionBump.com

Not bad of a site. Good use of whitespace. I just feel that it is very wordy for a front page. Perhaps using categories so you breakdown the information for visitors would help. Other than that, it looks good.

-Smoothie

"Be Good to Yourself!"
http://www.SmoothieKingJohnsCreek.com
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the kind comments but I dont think you all are understanding the purpose of the site. I do appreciate any comment good or bad I will definately give any advice thought.

The purpose of the site:

Visitors are allowed to PROMOTE there ebay auctions, ebay stores, and or Myspace pages for free. The idea is that as new auctions, stores, or myspace pages are posted the rest are bumped down/over one until bumped off the page. This brings REPEAT TRAFFIC, ADVERTISING SALES, and SCRIPT SALES. I am selling lots of these scripts from my website.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

BUMP for more reviews
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not a bad design. The main thing I notice lacking on the design is alignment. The elements on the page are almost aligned - they just need a little push. That would really improve the design.

The second thing is - for people who don't use Ebay, MySpace, etc... (such as me) it's not apparent what the page is - or how it works. A short introductory paragraph explaining that would be helpful.

The only other thing I can suggest is the footer of your page can be condensed into just one line.

You got a great idea. Just needs a little work on the site.
  • gator
  • gator

Post 3+ Months Ago

auctionbump wrote:

AuctionBump.com

You can bump your ebay auctions, your ebay stores or your MYSPACE PAGE or your BANNER.

nice site
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, anyone have any ideas about the logo/banner? I was thinking a FLASH BUMP? or should it just stay the way it is?
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

As I've said, alignment is your biggest design flaw right now - and the logo is no exception. Line it up with something!

Nothing lines up - which makes the page look highly unorganized. All you have to do is move things around a tiny bit and it makes a huge difference.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Azoundria wrote:
As I've said, alignment is your biggest design flaw right now - and the logo is no exception. Line it up with something!

Nothing lines up - which makes the page look highly unorganized. All you have to do is move things around a tiny bit and it makes a huge difference.

What broswer are you using I dont see any problems with IE. THANKS!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firefox. And it looks the same in IE.

Take a screenshot of your page and draw vertical and horizontal lines extending from the side of every page element. You'll see what I mean.

If you'll look you have that blue box at the top right. It doesn't line up with anything when it could easily line up with the box that is your main page.

You have the logo that's just not even centered perfectly and it doesnt line up with anything vertically.

The slogan alignment - random! The menu - random! The elements within the main box - still random!

My other comments was that the text in the footer could easy be shrunken to one line - and it would be much more effective. This would take 1 minute to change and you have not provided any objection.

I'm wondering... did you read what I wrote? Did you reflect on it? Do you plan to make any changes? Do you really want your site reviewed or are you just looking for extra traffic? I'd like to think I'm wrong but only you can decide.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about some rollovers in your list of neverending links please that would make it much much easier, and then also the last link only shows halfway, it's hidden at the bottom ...

The white on black also seems a bit extreme to me, it sorta hurts my eyes when I look for too long ...

please check the w3c validator for your coding errors ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ype=Inline
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Azoundria, I have read your post and I thank you. I haven't had time, I will try to correct it tonight. Thanks you so much, I had not viewed it in FIREFOX.

I do appreciate your comments, again thank you for your time and effort!
  • DaveRH
  • DaveRH

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout of everything is great, it's just a little dull.

I would try using a different font, I think you could improve the look a lot with a simple font change (on the main auction listings section)

Also, I don't like the black background, it clashes with the colors of the main site, try some different ones.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Azoundria wrote:
It's not a bad design. The main thing I notice lacking on the design is alignment. The elements on the page are almost aligned - they just need a little push. That would really improve the design.

The second thing is - for people who don't use Ebay, MySpace, etc... (such as me) it's not apparent what the page is - or how it works. A short introductory paragraph explaining that would be helpful.

The only other thing I can suggest is the footer of your page can be condensed into just one line.

You got a great idea. Just needs a little work on the site.

What resolution is your screen? I open FIREFOX and it looks FINE? I even changed resolutions and still everything is FINE?

Please advise, thanks!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, I'm going to show you what I mean. Look at the following picture. It is a screenshot of your site with each element turned into a red square. The blue lines are used to show how unaligned every element of the page is.

And here is a picture of what your site could look like with a little bit of alignment. Only two elements have been resized - the height of the 'Please visit these other fine auctions' and the 'Buy Scripts'.

I hope you can see what a big difference this makes to the layout.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, now I see what you are talking about... I really appreciate your time, thanks for doing this for me. I will "re-align-it" tonight. Thanks!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking forward to seeing it aligned. When you're finished with that you can think about my other suggestions:

1) And Introductory Paragraph
You could easily add this above the main text - which to the unenlightened appears as random text like you would find on an ad farm. This would also help with SEO - as you could actually explain to the search engine what your page is about.

2) Condensed Footer
There is no reason why you need 3 lines in your page footer. You could easily condense them into one and produce a more organized effect.

Current Footer:
Quote:
Home | Bidmyspace.com

Bumping your auctions since March 12, 2007

Improved Footer:
Quote:
Home | Bidmyspace.com | Bumping your auctions since March 12, 2007 | 1347

3) Less Links
I dont think anyone is going to click all the links - and your site looks really bad to search engines to consist of so many links all stacked together. Perhaps limit the link display to 20 links and put the others on a second page.

I'm not sure how Ebay works with voting but perhaps you could also consider a 'Vote All' feature which would open a frameset with every link in one frame.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the idea behind this site....but im not so keen on your design....sorry to say so.
  • xtrem726
  • xtrem726

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad,but I think the design is to clean
not interactive, try to add some great content like news or other static content.
  • rayrip
  • rayrip

Post 3+ Months Ago

The thing is, I didn't figure out what the web site was for right away. It wasn't obvious what I should do?

I think I would have a graphic or link near the top or on a menu to take you to a place that will explain the purpose of the website.

Also, I would make it more obvious how to add a bump.. you have your Free Auction Bump right next to other auction graphics... I would separate that out... put it right above the graphics.

You might think about putting bullets or numbers or something where your list of auctions are. It is difficult to read IMHO.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow you all are wonderful and your ideas will all be considered. I got bogged down with lots of sales today so I will try to get to these ideas tomorrow. This site OZZU and you people ROCK! THanks!
  • Archimedius
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, a simply yet highly interactive approach to internet marketing, the concept i believe is an upgrade to the classified ads marketing strategy.

I believe commenting on the technical stuff here is repeating all the concerns that have aready been discussed.

Recommendations:
1. Put a sign-up-form for would be bumpers and set up a maling list, establishing a user database.
2. Set up a top 5 bid per position paid option for serious advertisers/
3. Free members compete for the number 6 position and below positions/
4.Bids can be had on a PPC or CPA basis
5. Co-op the advertising strategy say a revenue share option for persons interested in helping to finance a global blitz of this cool concept.
6.Set up an affiliate program for publishers who send traffic to the bump page
7. If all else fails insert a google search box, google adsense or paid text link ads.
8. Email me pronto as I myself am thinking of a co-op strategy where I could exclusively employ the use the bumpers' methodology
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

rayrip wrote:
The thing is, I didn't figure out what the web site was for right away. It wasn't obvious what I should do?

I still don't get it ... What does it mean to "bump" something? Sorry If I'm a bit slow ...
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is not bad. The colors look a bit bright.

I saw that some of the links were not aligned properly.
At the bottom of the table there are some of the links that are cut off.

I woul put all the links in a ordered lists.
  • ridiculouslyrandom.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ridiculouslyrandom.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try and make the images a certain width and height all the time, it looks strange at some points. Also, try to make the top bar like the header another color to bring attention to certain parts of the site. I mean at the top of ozzu its black, but yours is all white, it looks too basic imo.
  • auctionbump
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • auctionbump

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
rayrip wrote:

I still don't get it ... What does it mean to "bump" something? Sorry If I'm a bit slow ...

Basically its free advertising for your ebay auction, store, or myspace page. When you add your link you BUMP the rest down one. Also, auctions are added with my affilate id so when someone buys an item via a link from mysite I get paid commission. I sell these scripts as website enhancements to the many ebay related website out there where they add there affiliate id so when someone buys an item via a link on there site they get commission from those sales.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 43 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers