SITE REVIEW: Aurea Online

• xhyroh
  • xhyroh
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.

I've been doing static html pages for quite awhile and just recently I started my first real interactive website project. It is an avatar community website where you earn rewards by interacting with the site.

Website URL is: http://www.aurea-online.com/

Any feedback, both negative and positive is most welcome.
  • MadKad
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, but the layout looks like its a little all over, can you post a screen shot one what you see it like, Just so I am sure it is :)
  • Loonm
  • Loonm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hm nice game, site look well, but you could hire designer or something to make your design smoother, like adding some gradients and make it less square.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly the W3C Validator found 8 errors n your coding, also no DOCTYPE and no Character-encoding ... click here to see the errors ...

Then I don't like the fixed background image ... It makes me think of MySpace and I hate that place (spam heaven ...) ...

Maybe on the "Home" page add an introduction or something explaining what the site is all about, because there is nothing like that ... At first I thought it was something like "zwinky" ... Maybe you don't even need a whole paragraph explination, maybe just a header or something would also work ...

And then remove some of the "latest threads" ... the ones like "HOLY CRAP AUREA IS GHOST TOWN" and "No one ever posts" ... that doesn't look good ...

On the "Home" page where you have the list of "Wealthiest Characters", maybe also make their names clickable and not just their images ...

Then also there could be a description of the Rules and objectives of this game somewhere ... that may be the reason it's a ghost town ... because no-one knows what the hell it is and leaves ...

EDIT: I only afterwards read your first post, and realized that this is not as game site ... lol ... please make that much clearer somewhere on the site ...
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am agree with the "righteous_trespasser" view.

take a look at ur site on "opera" and "IE".

need some more work on design also.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers