SITE REVIEW: Autogear

• mikey132
  • mikey132
  • Loc: On the bog

Post 3+ Months Ago

please visit my site, ive been working on it for a couple of months, ive not finished it yet but if u cud giv me sum points on how to improve it that would be gr8 :D
http://www.autogear.tk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

"www.autogear.tk" in green text hurts my eyes against the patterned background....which has to go. I would suggest a solid grey background color instead and a darker green color which would make a good color combo right there.

I would also suggest laying out your site in a simple two column format, which would help the text and images work together... Like have the images on the right side and text on left left. Or just something to help organize everything.

Reduce the text size and get rid of the bold and italic.

The website is very visual-oriented in that it has a lot of pics, I would really suggest coming out with a better layout than just top-to-bottom as I pointed out earlier.

I see these type of automobile sites a lot and they have a lot of potential, they just need to be pushed in the right direction. Keep working at it! :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

mikey132 - see the excellent review mr_darek gave your website? thats the kind of quality contributions we ask for.

Your first request for a review was locked because your reviews of other peoples sites consisted only on the word "gud" (in fact its not even a word) and your subsequent reviews were not much better either.

I'm not going to lock this one because someone has already posted a great review for you, however please respect the reasons why we ask everyone to make their contributions to this section as expressive as possible so the person can get the best advice to make their site great.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

that bg definitel doesn't cut it. the green text does hurt eyes. you must cater for ppl with glsses you know.

i'd advise you to get your site organised. get a layout of some sort. sit and plan what and how you'll structure your site. don't just rush into it. I do that alot and it doesn't work out. You always end up saying if i had known or i should have.
  • jaz d
  • jaz d

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really good idea and great graphics. One thing thought, the green title of the site is really quite bright, maybe you could change it for a darker colour!!

jaz d
  • planecrazy69
  • planecrazy69
  • Loc: The South

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really have to agree about the background, it has to go. Great concept though. I am kinda partial as I run an exotic car forum. Also the popus are a big turn off. I prefer using other types like adsense or affiliates. Maybe you could use a phpnuke type content management site. These are great for this type site. IMHO :)
  • DownloadChest

Post 3+ Months Ago

The background definately does not work with the text
what you can do is have that background as a border and in the middle where the text is place a solid color.
This will ease the eyes and not make people want to leave your page immediately
  • Jamal Capone
  • Loc: Manchester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Must admit not the most eye catching design on the WWW, however, the content is good. I really would put your articles on a plain background, after reading for a few seconds it starts to straign the eyes....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers