• Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

please review my website

http://www.aviationearth.com

all suggestions are welcome

thanks in advance

PS. you can contact me using the contact us page or mail me at feedback @ aviationearth.com
  • DannyBly
  • DannyBly

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Farrhad - nice clean looking site...I think I prefer the navigation on the left as it is on the home page....also - it looks a little of center on this page http://www.aviationearth.com/AircraftManufacturers.html

other than this I really like the site - nice logo and graphics too : )
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love the banner for the website, The design is nice and clean and I like the way the colours go together.

However Something slighlty stood out to me, You see for example > http://www.aviationearth.com/Airbus.html < The text on this page is really hard to read, Well It could just be me but I find it a little hard to read.

Mabye you could change it to something that is more " easy on the eye " than the current text.
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

DannyBly and penguin
thanks for the suggestions
have increased the font of Airbus
and have centered the table

please keep posting your suggestions
thank you very much
  • cammangels
  • cammangels

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi farrhad,

I really like the color scheme of this site, it really stands out. The logo is very nicely done and adds a touch of class to the site.

I agree with DannyBly regarding the navigation. It should be on the left at all times or at the top at all times. Users generally don't like to go searching for the next link down only to find that it has moved. I think for this site, the navigation on the home page should be the default navigation for all the other pages. It looks a lot cleaner that way.

The headers for Theory, Aircraft Data, and Contact Us are not showing up correctly in Firefox. It's only the Contact Us page not showing correctly in IE. They are not extending all the way to the right.

Also, on the Contact Us page, the background of the form is white while the rest of the site is green. I would either keep it white and add a box around it or make the background the same color green as the rest of the site.

Hope this helps,

Cam
  • compkiosk
  • Born
  • Born
  • compkiosk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the banner but the website doesn't feal user friendly. There also isn't enough content.
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cam, thanks for your suggestions.
I have changed the contact form color
also i have fixed the banner problem

Do keep posting
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for getting the thread back
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

it would be great if everyone could drop in more reviews
  • mlocklear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mlocklear

Post 3+ Months Ago

On some of your content pages (like the manufacturers) and the contact page, there is no word wrap. The text goes all the way across the screen, and that makes it difficult for people on larger screens to read it.

Also, your comment box on the contact page is huge... and could be daunting to some would-be emailers. I would recommend shrinking it to at least half its current size.

The navigation on your site could use some re-working. It's good for the site navigation to remain constant throughout so that visitors don't get lost. On your home page, the navigation is on the left, but on all the others, the navigation is at the top.

For your "Tell a friend about this page," I would work to integrate that into your website. It's currently a free service, so making your own (like your contact form) will ensure a consistent experience for the visitors.

Definitely work on validating your page (http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 ... index.html) to guarantee your website will be viewable on multiple browsers.

Although it looks nice, your top graphic is nearly 72 KB! That is huge for a website when most pages should be under 30 KB. Many visitors, especially those with slower connections, will leave if websites do not load quickly enough.

If you don't mind taking the time to learn, I would look into some tutorials on CSS. Your website does not separate content from style (http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentatio ... ndex07.htm).

The overall look and feel of your site is nice, and with some improvements, it will be that much better. Best of luck.
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

mlocklear, thank you very much
will implement your suggestion in a day or two
  • matview
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • matview
  • Loc: http://www.tedjob.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

The banner looks very nice. However I feel it is too big for the sub pages. It is ok for the home page. For the sub pages, it will distract visitor from reading the content. Also, the centralized aligned text for some of the pages are not good for reading.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change the text, it's difficult to read.
  • Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love the banner, it really aims high. The site color theme was good, i am not a fan of green, but it got the job done. This page: http://www.aviationearth.com/AircraftManufacturers.html, had some alignment problems on the lower half of the page where it says: "see also," not to mention the tell a friend about this page link which was far right in the "nowhere zone". The search bar shouldn't be flush with the left side of the screen like that without any kind of deco, it looks tacky. I would maybe implement a horizontal nav bar up top and include the search feature and tell a friend link there. Other than that, there was a lot of info on the site that was completely relevant to aircraft subjects. Good stuff.
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a lot Travis I shall implement your suggestions soon......
  • farrhad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • farrhad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please continue reviewing Aviation Earth

Thank You
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean layout. Great logo design. The navigation is clean and precise. The only thing I would say is tighten up your line height by about 2px, and it would be perfect.

Great job.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers