SITE REVIEW: AwardsIdeas.com - Recognition Awards Site

• denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

After being in the awards and recognition business for many years, we've decided to take a big step in
creating a site that is more SEO friendly, easier to use and shows thousands of awards off.
Other than the "Custom Awards" section, which I'm still finishing, can I get some feedback on the rest of
this site? I'd like feedback on the graphics, ease of use, design issues and anything that you think
might be valuable to know. I'm looking for a critical eye and honest feedback.

The site:

http://www.awardsideas.com

Any and all feedback is welcome!

Thanks,

Denis A. Baldwin
Marketing Manager
Flexi Display Marketing
denis@flexidisplay.com
  • Henryct
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Henryct

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your color combination, and your top graphic. The site looks very nice.

The only problem I have, is that I use a 800 x 600 resolution, and your site is wider than my screen, so I have to use the horizontal scroll. (But I know most people use 1024 x 768 resolution).
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

good design; ,i like it but;
1-) The horizantal navigation menu looks simple you will change or improve it!
2-) In the middle of the page it writes "Our recognition awards are prestigious and distinctive" its too
much near with horizantal menu.
3-) On the pictures the font types are not nice!
4-) The vertical flash movieclip looks simple! you will improve it! (or remove it will be better then now)
5-) In the header you create a text effect i will be done in photoshop! but its not succesful! dont use
this effect too much!
  • topskater
  • topskater

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice, but if all your site is about is trophies, i dont think you would get very popular very fast. but i do like the idea. possibly you can sell a few more things?
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Overall a nice site :D sophisticated and I like the general design but .... you must change the horizontal menu bar, it looks truely awful :( :?

Quote:
The only problem I have, is that I use a 800 x 600 resolution, and your site is wider than my screen, so I have to use the horizontal scroll. (But I know most people use 1024 x 768 resolution).

This is a serious problem :!: A website needs to display in an 800*600 resolution. Whilst alot of people do have better graphic capability alot of people choose it for the font size on a 15" screen. Next time, don't accept a commercal website that doesn't display in 800*600

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers