SITE REVIEW: Aysaedara.net

• Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

im still working on on the content bits of the site... but right now, im just looking for opinions on the overall look and feel of the site... hopefully ill avoding having to make major revisions later on...

in the end, there will be 2 main sections to the site... 1 devoted to the MMORPG 'World of Warcraft', and 1 devoted to the TV show 'Stargate SG-1', with a bunch of other random bits thrown in because ill get bored...

so, wacha think?
http://www.aysaedara.net/
  • panreach
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice fading links. Where did you ever get that idea??? hehe. Cool site. Feels kind of like Star Trek.
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the fading red links.. make em fad to blue or some other color.. Blue would probly be best

Your site isn't dail up friendly. Lots of Huge pictures. And the homepage picture spins once and stops... I don't reall even think that was nessessary. Although it does look cool

Your top left picture "http://www.aysaedara.net/pics/title.gif" is a bit pixelated. Looks chunky. fix it up a bit. It is on every page.

I like your top bar things. the blue and such, they look awsome.

And I love how your top picture goes through a random selection :D very nice :D although that does beat the poor old dail up users down a bit.

Your forums are pretty nice looking in this resolution 1280x1024 but I'm sure would look a bit crammed in a smaller window. Maybe you should open it up in a new window?

your Affiliates should definatly open in a new window :D I don't like losing the site I was on because I clicked a link

Anyways Nice all in all except that it is slow :D
  • veryhip
  • veryhip
  • Loc: Atlanta, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

here are my recommendations:

bold the text at the top of your "categories", like Main, Site Stuff, etc

i would make that rotating text SMALLER... that's a large image, try to fit it under the categories on the LEFT of the page... use that large space for site updates and news. then your dialup people will love you..

make that top image a little shorter...

the text in the top image needs to be on "soft" or something... don't use that hard edged font or soften it up

good site tho... like the negative of the chick...
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I have completely redesigned my site, and have completely scrapped and remade the scripts driving the site.

As before there is little content on the site as of yet, since I redesigned the database, and didnt feel like having to convert it, and I am still finishing some of the scripts. So right now I am just looking for opinions on the overall look & feel of the site, ease of navigation (yes, there is a LITTLE bit of misc content there), and just anything else you would like to say. Thanks.

//link removed
//mod edit: please don't advertise your own site in someone else's thread unless it's in your sig
//This is my thread, I am not advertising, I am asking for constructive criticism on the layout of my site. -Cae
//mod edit: don't know who removed your link but i've put it here and removed your other post with link http://www.aysaedara.net
  • lilstorm
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really really like it! The title is very cool and it gets your attention.

As someone else said I do not like how the links fade to red. Red doesn't match at all.

I would remove the word index from the middle bar. Just leave it blank maybe? I know it shows what page you are on but it just doesn't look right to me there. As you have the active link blue I think it will be fine not having it. hmmm

I would also bump up your copyright info and everything at the very bottom, I had to scroll down to see it all.

All the links were smooth for me except the one Latest News which was kindof slow and since all the other links weren't I thought there was some problem with the site at first lol.

You should center the coming soons. :)

Over all I really enjoyed your site :) Your design is very neat! I loved your image Ice Pyre!
  • voxunity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • voxunity

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's too dark :(
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

lilstorm, first of all, thanks.

I understand what both you were saying about the red links, however Im not sure what other color they could fade to. It cant be blue, because thats what the current location in the menu is, and thats the only color that would really look "good" Im not really sure what to do there...

I removed the title in the top blue bar. I think it looks a little bare now, but that may just be because Im used to seeing something there. Let me know what you think...

Im not sure what you mean by bump the copywrite info. I cant move it up anymore as it is only 2 line below the end of the content on the page.... Not really sure what youre getting at...

As for the 'Latset News' page. Its slow because the CNET news on the left is generated by RSS feeds, and the Symantec Virus thing on the right is generated form the symantec site. I acually dont write any of the content on that page... Ill add a comment to the top saying it might take a few minutes to load.

And hopefully those 'Comming Soon's wont be there for long... :P

Again, thanks.

voxunity, ummm... unfortunately theres not much I can do about that...
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your link fade style not working on opera...I will suggest you which work with cross browser..otherwise its showing red all time on my browser after rollover them and when I roll out its not backing with previous color scheme.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

The homepage graphics are awesome, especially the top right animated graphic :). I like the under construction graphic (no, I'm not just giving random compliments) and I think you should use it in place of the 'under construction' text. Nice job getting forums with a theme that matches your site. Also, you should use a linked image rather than a text link for your e-mail address because bots can still get to it when its a text link. Cool site and keep up the good work!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers