SITE REVIEW: I am back with a new site for review!

• miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks all you guy for the support , i learnt a lot from here, base on the reviews and suggestions , i had redesigned my home page as every one suggest that too bussssy and lots of graphics.....

X3ndou wrote:
The entire thing is in images.

It looks great.. but the loading time was very slow. Use text, for christ's sake.

Otherwise the site looks great - design wise. Can't say anything about content, though, because there isn't any. :D

AnarchY SI wrote:
the site looks good to me, didn't take any noticable time to load.

but i did find a spelling error :)

quote="Nucleo"]
Quote:
Copy Rignt © My Indya.com 2005 - Complaint or Report Abuse: webmaster@myindya.com

had a quick look, first thing i noticed ^^

another thing i would sort out is having text and not having it as images

another thing, i could you makr ths links on the page more distinguashable. (is that a word?)
what i mean is, i couldn't tell what was an image or a link[/quote]

quote="613flavah"]You're right.. how the heck did I get a totally different site? lol

Anyhoo some comments, your entire main page is graphics!! no text. Should be interesting if ppl turn their graphics option off. Why is the whole page in graphics? Lots of those things could have been achieved in plain text. Also it's hard to tell what's a clickable graphic and what isn't.[/quote]

613flavah wrote:
Good job on adding text to the front page :) But now your site is taking a looong time to load? DId you optimize your graphics?

g0l` wrote:
looks professional! very nice work. I suggest using less images though, you sliced almost every pixel :wink:

Also, some images are missing, and there are some blank images. if you put the content on and finish the layout, it will be good!

quote="AnarchY SI"]just a few more spelling corrections :)
Quote:
your favourite toilet soap
if you type "define favourite" in google you get "front-runner: a competitor thought likely to win" so if you mean it as "something regarded with special favor or liking" then i would spell it "favorite".
Quote:

jlknauff wrote:
miner wrote:
as for the design part I thought of trying this way may be looks different from other portals,

Heh heh heh, yes- it is certainly different. I think it looks like a bulimic circus clown ate skittles and threw up on my screen :D I would tone the images down a bit :wink:

i redused the graphics and, added contents.........

i like the new design - bcus i created it but the world must accepts!!!!!!!!!

so i again post my request for review my new style

http://www.myindya.com/index.htm
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

? did i miss something? lol, i got this
Quote:
The website you are trying to reach http://www.myindia.com

is either coming shortly
or
has been shut down and the domain name might be available for sale.

If you believe you have received this message in error, or wish to purchase this domain name please contact Lansend.com for additional information.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

YOur site doesn't work
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have finished the design on my home page

http://www.indya.com

613flavah i am waiting for your review :idea: eagerly
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks great.. but the loading time was very slow. Use text, for christ's sake.

Otherwise the site looks great - design wise. Can't say anything about content, though, because there isn't any. :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It resolves for me. The overall design, looks perfectly fine. I don't have any problems with cable broadband on image downloads, but it is really hard to determine your target audience. The way I'm seeing it, you have an Indian site, more-or-less, but everything there is pretty much in English, except a few ad banners, and when you click the ad banners, for the most part everything is still, for the most part, in English. There are a few graphics issues with secondary pages regarding transparency.

I guess my primary question would be, is your design going to reach your intended audience as it stands right now?
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATNO/TW

I guess my primary question would be, is your design going to reach your intended audience as it stands right now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

definetly yes, you know that 90% of internet users in India are well educated and english is the second main language used here - only thing is most of us can read and understand better than writing in english.

as for the design part I thought of trying this way may be looks different from other portals, and one more thing as for my experiance, nowadays internet users prefer site with rich design and lot of useful contents....

i have just started on this project and only the home page is ready for review and you will not find links there.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

but i did find a spelling error :) just in case you wanted to correct. at the bottom on the info, you spelled "fulfill" as fullfil :)
*edit* also, the word "foreigners" you have spelled with the i before e. which is how its supposed to go except after c, but english is messed up and doesn't always follow its own rules. lol

also, the links at the bottom.. well, are there supposed to be links on the bottom? or have you just not got the image map coded yet?

**edit**
ok, one last thing. lol, dont ask me why i read it from the bottom up, but i'm just weird. in the first "bubble" you have:
Quote:
we are in process of building a an online community

which should be We are in the process of building an online community. :) hope this helps
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

:salut: It was nice of you to take time to review my page and point out the mistakes.

i have corrected those pointed by you, now as i have fineshed my designing of home page -i have added two more new sections
TEEN TALK and FOOD TALK, now i started working other pages....

thanks for the feed backs and support.

:beerchug: I am greatfull to OZZU for creating a wonderful place like this,
though there are thousands of site like this but this one stand apart,
my vote is for OZZU, people around here are friendly and warm.
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello AnarchY SI

i tried to browes your site but it seems verrrry slow after 10min of trying
i could view only 50% of your home page Check it....
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site seems a bit busy, not sure where to focus first but I'll tell you that the first thing I focused on was an animated banner ad near the top and that's BAD

Site seems to load nicely in FF & IE. I don't have all the other browsers here (at home) so I can't vouch for them...

Why does your mail to a friend page change? Try to keep it consistent with the rest of the site layout. Same for the feedback page, it seems things weren't aligned properly?

Actually, now that I'm venturing through your site, I notice that the navbar changes in various diff pages how come? It's as if I'm browsing a totally different website

Your wallpapers are really cool but you only have them in 1 size, try to offer multiple reso options

Put your javascript & css in seperate files & link to the external file from your page

You're missing alt tags on images

My gosh, why do you have so many non-breaking spaces? lol II'm sure you could achieve the spacing with div, css or even tables

Seems like an interesting site all in all though. Lots of information. If you want ppl to frequent the site make sure to do lots of marketing!

BTW why is it called Indya? Shouldn't it be India? (omg I just had a deja vu lol)
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm :!:

i think you might have reviewed some other site not mine

http://www.myindya.com

pl try again - may be you have been viewing 2 sites at a time and got mixed up or something..............
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey
i found it - you have reviewed for the site indya.com

mine is - http://www.myindya.com -
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats rather strange. i can browse it just fine. but it could be the flash banner thats giving that problem..

what browser do you use and whats your connection speed?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Copy Rignt © My Indya.com 2005 - Complaint or Report Abuse: webmaster@myindya.com

another thing, i could you makr ths links on the page more distinguashable. (is that a word?)
what i mean is, i couldn't tell what was an image or a link
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're right.. how the heck did I get a totally different site? lol

Anyhoo some comments, your entire main page is graphics!! no text. Should be interesting if ppl turn their graphics option off. Why is the whole page in graphics? Lots of those things could have been achieved in plain text. Also it's hard to tell what's a clickable graphic and what isn't.

Broken image on (http://www.myindya.com/statewise.html) and in FF I'm getting a weird box like thing under each state

I noticed you don't have a navbar that appears on every page! I have to keep clicking on the back button to go back to find it on the main page. That's not good at all.

Capitalize your "i"'s

Why is there a clickable gif image on this page? (http://www.myindya.com/aboutus.html) the animated person behind the computer.

Activate the link to refer to a friend and correct the spelling mistake REFER is the correct spelling

Under Useful links, again spelling mistake. I'd suggest running your site through a spell checker before you publish. Also don't leave empty bulleted list items. Remove them if they are empty

Everything and Anything are one word

On this page (http://www.myindya.com/terms.html), don't underline your titles unless you're going to hyperlink them. They look like links they may confuse the viewer

Add more space between your numbered bulleted list in "4.3 Rules About Your Information."

In the bottom graphic where you used to introduce yourself "Hello, my name is.. bla bla bla" the image of the young man doesn't look very happy. I'd suggest putting a happier looking gentleman in there lol

Sign the guestbook isn't hyperlinked

You didn't put a DOCTYPE in your code

Missing alt tags for your images

Use CSS instead of inline font tags

The <u> element was deprecated (has been outdated) in HTML 4.01 and is not supported in XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD. Use <strong> instead, or even better for a much richer effect use style sheets
  • elven-ranger
  • Born
  • Born
  • elven-ranger

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think u should make the navigation bar top..
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once again thanks - Nucleo & 613flavah,

i have done as you suggested - i have replaced some gif and put text on my home page.

the mistakes had beed done - actually i dint sleep for the third day rarly 3hrs a day i want to finish this site & host by 1 jan05 and all work has to be done only by me so missed some spellings - i am using dreamweaver they have a spellcheker i will check my page before publish...

thats it and i think receiving so many reviews its self being good for my site!!!!!!!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good job on adding text to the front page :) But now your site is taking a looong time to load? DId you optimize your graphics?
  • yotek
  • Born
  • Born
  • yotek

Post 3+ Months Ago

very slow serwer
too many colors
  • g0l`
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks professional! very nice work. I suggest using less images though, you sliced almost every pixel :wink:

Also, some images are missing, and there are some blank images. if you put the content on and finish the layout, it will be good!
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

yotek wrote:
very slow serwer
too many colors

Yes i have deleted the outer glow of the images and made some corrections ...

i think now its fine looking for me - your suggestions :?:
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

whats the url again? b/c all i'm seeing is the "under construction" page..
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry

you can view from this link

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

just a few more spelling corrections :)
Quote:
if you type "define favourite" in google you get "front-runner: a competitor thought likely to win" so if you mean it as "something regarded with special favor or liking" then i would spell it "favorite".
Quote:
food & restaurent, outings,
*restaurant
and then finally, in the picture at the bottom for the about you part, you should capitalize the i where it says "i created this site to bring together" and then *fullfill should be fulfill* :) hope this helps.
otherwise, your site is looking great.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

miner wrote:
as for the design part I thought of trying this way may be looks different from other portals,

Heh heh heh, yes- it is certainly different. I think it looks like a bulimic circus clown ate skittles and threw up on my screen :D I would tone the images down a bit :wink:
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

jlknauff wrote:
miner wrote:

actually whts tht you ar trying to say its that so funny or something...
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks all you guy for the support , i learnt a lot from here, base on the reviews and suggestions , i had redesigned my home page as every one suggest that too bussssy and lots of graphics.....

X3ndou wrote:

AnarchY SI wrote:

but i did find a spelling error :)

quote="Nucleo"]
Quote:

what i mean is, i couldn't tell what was an image or a link[/quote]

quote="613flavah"]You're right.. how the heck did I get a totally different site? lol

Anyhoo some comments, your entire main page is graphics!! no text. Should be interesting if ppl turn their graphics option off. Why is the whole page in graphics? Lots of those things could have been achieved in plain text. Also it's hard to tell what's a clickable graphic and what isn't.[/quote]

613flavah wrote:

g0l` wrote:

quote="AnarchY SI"]just a few more spelling corrections :)
Quote:
Quote:

jlknauff wrote:
miner wrote:

i redused the graphics and, added contents.........

i like the new design - bcus i created it but the world must accepts!!!!!!!!!

so i again post my request for review my new style

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
latest mobile,hobbies sports, music, food

you forgot a comma b/w hobbies & sports :) i'll be back later for more, i gotta jet right now.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 38 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers